Home

a retrospect on madden

This is a discussion on a retrospect on madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
a retrospect on madden

I did this about the same time last year for madden 09. But what did Madden 10 get right in your opinion? Be it as little or big as you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: a retrospect on madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I did this about the same time last year for madden 09. But what did Madden 10 get right in your opinion? Be it as little or big as you want.
They did a good job of putting to rest complaints about their presentation not being up to par with 2k5's, what with that awesome NFL Network weekly wrap up feature that completely blew everyone away.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

i thought they did a lot of things good nothing great! but i think it was definately (Hopefully) a step in the right direction

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 04-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
They did a good job of putting to rest complaints about their presentation not being up to par with 2k5's, what with that awesome NFL Network weekly wrap up feature that completely blew everyone away.
would have meant so much more if they would have added commentary and actual highlights/commentary of the other games going on in the league.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
would have meant so much more if they would have added commentary and actual highlights/commentary of the other games going on in the league.
I think the highlights from other games going on in a particular week are a great possibility for the future and it could be done in two ways:

- Graphically generate every game and choose highlights, which is nearly impossible to do at the current stage of console gaming.
- Use premade highlights and show them every week, which would get very stale very fast, but it would add maybe a little to presentation.

As for things done right:
- Franchise was somewhat enjoyable again. Just hope they find a way to make new premade draft-classes. I love them, but know them almost by heart now. Also, many other improvements can (and I think will) be made to franchise.
- Online franchise. When played with the right people, this game mode is really fun. Cheesing issues are found in every game, this is not the fault of Madden. You just need to find the right people to play against.
- Imrovements to gameplay. Every change made was an improvement. Not perfect, but there's clear progress.

Things done wrong:
- Superstar was a gutterball. With the way it was done in Madden10, I don't understand why they bothered to put it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Extra Point could of been much better. Franchise was more improved than Madden 09, but I would like to see a few more additions to Franchise, make it a little deeper, not like NFL Head Coach 09 deep, but pretty deep. Madden 10 was miles better than 09 and is a step in the right direction for the series.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If I am not mistaken, College Hoops 2k8 had gameplay from simulated games in its weekly show, so its possible in 2010 now I would assume? Or did CHoops use cutscenes with just dynamic uniforms to look fresh?

― Plato
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If I am not mistaken, College Hoops 2k8 had gameplay from simulated games in its weekly show, so its possible in 2010 now I would assume? Or did CHoops use cutscenes with just dynamic uniforms to look fresh?
Ch2k8 had precanned scenes for their highlight show and sure, there werent a lot of them but I will guarantee that you will not find many who would disagree that their show was way ahead of madden's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »