Home

Running game

This is a discussion on Running game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Running game

I wish that the running game would be more difficult, by that I mean that instead of hitting a button to make a move, i wish they would go the 2k route and require some user effort to gain yards.

Right now when engaged in protak you only have your weight and momentum to gain yards, however i LOVED the mash [A] button to gain yards, so that when you look at your 1700 yards at the end of the season it feels like you earned it. right now it feels so arbitrary, if you break a big run it feels more lucky, such that you had great blocking and just held the sprint button down to keep running.

hope that make sense, agree disagree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Running game

Well it ain't a matter of the running game. It's the Defense not been that good all the time. Besides are you playing the AI on pro only. If so then the running game will be easy. Trust me if you play the ai on all pro. The running will get harder depending on the rating of the running back. But the running game is going to be even better for madden 11 because of the new blocking scheme. So get ready to put up some yards.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Rookie

all madden son, im talking about fighting for yards, once engaged in a break tackle animation you are at the mercy of the AI deciding whether to let u free or take you down. Aside from PRESSING the right button there is no fight.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
all madden son, im talking about fighting for yards, once engaged in a break tackle animation you are at the mercy of the AI deciding whether to let u free or take you down. Aside from PRESSING the right button there is no fight.
Wouldn't pressing a random button also be considered lucky?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Rookie

that's what im saying, u just press a button and let an animation play out, there is no effort on the user's behalf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

I completely agree. The game is not organic. It needs something in the control scheme to show the efforts of the gamer in relation to the video game player's real skill set.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I am not into button mashing and I want player ratings to determine an outcome, not button mashing skills.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
Rookie

I understand being against button mashing, I for the most part dislike button mashing too [Fight for the fumble is NOT fun] however maybe some sort of charge like 2k had, I guess they are going this route this year with the lean, but i don't think it will revolutionize the running game.

I just want some sort of user struggle to gain yards after contact, because it's too arbitrary right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »