Home

is it worth it

This is a discussion on is it worth it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
is it worth it

I'm thinking about going out to buy Madden NFL 2002. This is the ONLY madden that I know of that has Expansion mode. After the first season you have the option to take over as the Texans. from there you can either keep the roster as is or you can do your own expansion draft and then do the normal NFL draft of college players. Sadly this was the Madden I skipped on getting when I was younger so I have the awesome job of trying to find a copy.

question is, should I even bother to go out, find the game and buy it just for the shear fact that it allows you to do your own expansion draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: is it worth it

Yea it is well worth if you like it. I remember playing 2002 and doing that. It was so much fun. I wish they would put the team expansion into madden. It would be so much fun.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Banned

I would love it to see it added to Madden again but I doubt that will ever happen since that isn't "realistic" enough

but yeah I think I'll just buy it, do the draft and then just sim the seasons since I don't want to try playing with those graphics haha. Thank you for your input
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkinseffect
I would love it to see it added to Madden again but I doubt that will ever happen since that isn't "realistic" enough

but yeah I think I'll just buy it, do the draft and then just sim the seasons since I don't want to try playing with those graphics haha. Thank you for your input
Haha bro back then those graphics was out of sight. I know todays graphics are a whole lot better. But back then graphics was the bomb. But years from now the graphics you see now will be outdated aswell.

BTW bro welcome to OS. Hope you enjoy it here.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

2002 was loads of fun. I played that over 09 for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
Banned

Thank you...I believe I was a member a few years back but that name didn't show up.

haha I remember playing Madden NFL 2001 for PS1 and with my friends going "this is the best graphics ever!! Look at the stadium!!"
Old 05-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

*sigh*... I LOVED Madden 2002....

for the Madden Tournaments I used to use the Eagles.....Using Bobby Taylor at Safety, ANY Deep Pass was going to get User picked.....believe me.

I believe this was the last Madden that allowed you to swat with your left hand by pressing L1 and swat with your right hand using R1...

what a GREAT sequel it was to Madden 2001...they added so much stuff....as well as for 2003/04
Old 05-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 51

why not. It will cost you 99 cents at the most probaly 50 cents.

Its a great game actually. I never played it when it came out, but i played it over 08 and 09.

If your not bothered by graphics than its better than 10 imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »