Home

What is the leading platform for Madden 11?

This is a discussion on What is the leading platform for Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: What is the leading platform for Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
You have that backwards. A lot of companies are starting to use the PS3 as the lead platform due to the difficulty of moving from the 360 to the PS3. Haden Blackman, the lead designer for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed talked about this a few yrs ago at GDC.
Just look at recent games like Red Dead Redemption though. Unlike Valdarez' estimation, devs have no reason to move to the PS3 and will throw a crappy ported version over which runs even worse than the 360 version. PS3 version of Red Dead is only 540p with quincox aliasing whereas the 360 vers is 720p with 2xMSAA.

Sure if they wanted both versions to look identical they might start on the PS3. But for most devs (ESPECIALLY EA) lower costs by running the game on the 360 and porting whatever they can manage to the PS3 will the SOP until Sony fixes their development tools.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well just bought me another 360 recently after replacing the last one I had. So I would say 360. I don't own no ps3.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Just look at recent games like Red Dead Redemption though. Unlike Valdarez' estimation, devs have no reason to move to the PS3 and will throw a crappy ported version over which runs even worse than the 360 version. PS3 version of Red Dead is only 540p with quincox aliasing whereas the 360 vers is 720p with 2xMSAA.

Sure if they wanted both versions to look identical they might start on the PS3. But for most devs (ESPECIALLY EA) lower costs by running the game on the 360 and porting whatever they can manage to the PS3 will the SOP until Sony fixes their development tools.
Ok ok guys no reason for bringing up a console war here. This is a thread asking what system you will buy madden 11 on. I'm sure if this keeps up a mod will close this thread in a skinny min. Just keep on the topic please.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Stats definitely back that up. PS3 jumped big time last year. 360 actually fell (as of March). There's an outside chance that PS3 will be the dominate platform this year even.
Not sure which March you're talking about. 360 outsold PS3 again in March by about 25,000 according to NPDs. April, 360 outsold PS3 by about 5k, in Feb the 360 outsold it by about 65k, and in January it outsold it again by around 60k. The 360 also has about a 10 million console lead in the US LTD.

Not sure what sort of trend you see but it's not in the PS3's favor.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Ok ok guys no reason for bringing up a console war here. This is a thread asking what system you will buy madden 11 on. I'm sure if this keeps up a mod will close this thread in a skinny min. Just keep on the topic please.
Let them close it if they feel they want to...don't do their job for them. I'm not bashing any console I'm just responding to his assumption that developers will choose the PS3 to develop on over the 360 when it's been shown that that's not the case. Not saying one is better than the other. Just using data to show what the situation.

On topic, the 360 will be the lead SKU for Madden for the rest of the entire generation. I'd stake my eyesight on it. That's directly answering the question the original poster asked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #22
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Careful what you hope for. M$ is going to push DLC as the delivery mechanism as they can't compete with Blu-Ray and they don't want to spend the $$$ to create a competing hi-dev competitor. There won't be a new XBox until M$ is sure they can succeed on DLC alone. When that happens, we're all screwed. To be honest, the best thing that could happen is Sony ships a PS4+BluRay bundle. That's the only hope of stalling the DLC onslaught for another 5 years.
Why wouldn't the next Xbox be made on a Blu-Ray system? And I think they're working towards downloadable games instead of physical discs, not just milking us with DLC.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Why wouldn't the next Xbox be made on a Blu-Ray system? And I think they're working towards downloadable games instead of physical discs, not just milking us with DLC.
He's using the wrong term but he just means a digital media storefront similar to iTunes or what Steam does for the PC where you can buy your games directly from MS online. He probably is afraid of losing control of his games due to DRM etc, even though that's the trend for the industry even WITH physical media no matter what MS does. Just look at all of the codes developers are using to restrict game modes to ensure that people buy new. Hell all of the new EA Sports require that EA Sports Pass to play online. In the next 3 years the only difference between the physical format and downloading digitally is that one will be more convenient...and that's the digital download.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225

Wow, glad I got Red Dead on the 360. I wasn't referring to Devs, but gamers which was what the OP was asking.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »