Home

Someone needs to stand up to EA

This is a discussion on Someone needs to stand up to EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Someone needs to stand up to EA

The fact that NFL 2K5 is a much more innovated game then the next gen Madden's going on 6 years now is completely unacceptable. I'm talking from a depth and franchise perspective. Look they showed they can do something close with Head Coach 09 but yet they fail to integrate this into Madden, why?

2k5 blew us away with their game, it was feature after feature, it was truly imo their best effort and IMO Madden is simply getting by, to get us to buy practically the same game every year.

Someone, like a person from OS needs to ask them tough questions and stop sugar coating everything. They are only getting away with this because of their exclusive money greedy license. If 2K still had NFL games Madden would either be dead or a much better game.

Part of the problem is people still buy the game, and basically that is all that matters to EA. They have talented guys like Josh Looman working on Ultimate Team? really? how about you
you put him where he belongs and at least making the franchise mode as good as the one in Head Coach, heck it's been 2 years it should be better than that by now,

I want the reviews and the interviews to state the truth, just play NFL2k5 for about an hour and then pop in Madden 11, and realize we are talking about 6 years of difference which in the gaming world is a very long time.

Just my 2 cents, just count me as frustrated at what might have been and what should be.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Someone needs to stand up to EA

There are a lot of people standing up to EA. Where have you been man? This site is filled with them.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

I will stand up to them and give them a piece of what I feel if only the mods here aren't strict and to a certain extent they get "defensive" when we speak our minds about how we really feel about EA and their products.

EA knows there is no competition and regardless of what they push annually it will sell and it is true. It was smart of them to buy the NFL license because at that time I felt people were starting to jump ships for 2K.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

god almighty...make it stop..
Old 06-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
The fact that NFL 2K5 is a much more innovated game then the next gen Madden's going on 6 years now is completely unacceptable. I'm talking from a depth and franchise perspective. Look they showed they can do something close with Head Coach 09 but yet they fail to integrate this into Madden, why?

2k5 blew us away with their game, it was feature after feature, it was truly imo their best effort and IMO Madden is simply getting by, to get us to buy practically the same game every year.

Someone, like a person from OS needs to ask them tough questions and stop sugar coating everything. They are only getting away with this because of their exclusive money greedy license. If 2K still had NFL games Madden would either be dead or a much better game.

Part of the problem is people still buy the game, and basically that is all that matters to EA. They have talented guys like Josh Looman working on Ultimate Team? really? how about you
you put him where he belongs and at least making the franchise mode as good as the one in Head Coach, heck it's been 2 years it should be better than that by now,

I want the reviews and the interviews to state the truth, just play NFL2k5 for about an hour and then pop in Madden 11, and realize we are talking about 6 years of difference which in the gaming world is a very long time.

Just my 2 cents, just count me as frustrated at what might have been and what should be.

1: The exclusive deal is more the NFL's fault than EA. Why wouldn't EA grab it up... they are in it to make money.
2: All that matters to EA is people buy their game??? Well yeah.
3: As "innovative" as 2K was..it had it's fair share of issues. Plenty in fact and I LOVED the game
4: Like ODogg said..where have you been? Plenty of people, myself included, have spoken up and asked the tough questions etc..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
god almighty...make it stop..
+1
Old 06-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
1: The exclusive deal is more the NFL's fault than EA. Why wouldn't EA grab it up... they are in it to make money.
I blame both. I also blame EA Execs for pretty much staying pat on game improvements ie, not putting enough development resources into the game. I think the NFL License (lack of competition) and EA Execs decision making (lack of resources) has held back NFL Football gaming.

Quote:
2: All that matters to EA is people buy their game??? Well yeah.
Very true. Not happy about it, but very, very true. I'm with ya on this. Kind of expected.

Quote:
3: As "innovative" as 2K was..it had it's fair share of issues. Plenty in fact and I LOVED the game
Sure, but, by now, in my opinion, Madden should be a lot farther along.

Quote:
4: Like ODogg said..where have you been? Plenty of people, myself included, have spoken up and asked the tough questions etc..
I've seen it too. I've been one to voice some concerns. This may curtail somewhat with the OS modified rule changes. Constructive criticism is a little up to interpretation. May just lessen the tough questions being asked.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

I think if reviewers held the game to standard it should be held to it would result in a better game, faster. It's kinda sad to see interviewers from major sites softball their way through interviews with the Tiburon devs. Granted, since Madden/NCAA have no competition it's probably not easy to review the game using some arbitrary standard. But when the game is lacking in important areas behind older and/or more disadvantaged games, it should be called on those things. Instead most only compare it to the previous year's version, so Tiburon actually benefits that they made such a poor game early on next gen. As it is now people seem genuinely surprised the game improves even slightly, because there isn't much in terms of expectations placed on it. I do think sites like Gametrailers or Gameinformer maintain their independence and don't seem to get on bended knee to the EA establishment. But it seems pretty much every other site does.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 06-30-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »