Home

May I ask a Favor of Someone with Madden 10?

This is a discussion on May I ask a Favor of Someone with Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
May I ask a Favor of Someone with Madden 10?

I was wondering if someone knows or could find out what attributes have an effect on the OVR rating of a player from Madden 10. Would do it myself, but I do not have a console. I need this for every position. If someone could just go into the game, increase/decrease each attribute for a player at each position and find out which ones increase or decrease the OVR rating when edited. I am attempting to do some calculations based on attributes. Any volunteers? Feel free to reply in this thread or PM me if you can help. Once again, I just need the list of what attributes have an effect on calculating the OVR rating for QB, RB, FB, TE, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, ILB, OLB, CB, FS, SS, K, and P. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: May I ask a Favor of Someone with Madden 10?

I'm not an expert, but I would figure that "overall" rating is exactly that, all of the attributes pertaining to what side of the ball the player is on (offense/defense).
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned

It's a subset of attributes actually and it changes from year to year. The dev team seems to be focusing more on agility this year (M11), for instance, in weighting a position's OVR rating.

Go create a halfback and play with his route running slider, then do the same thing with a WR and you should see what I mean. Both players will be effected by the change in this example, but it won't be to the same extent.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffychicken
I'm not an expert, but I would figure that "overall" rating is exactly that, all of the attributes pertaining to what side of the ball the player is on (offense/defense).
But I know for a fact that only certain ratings affect the players OVR rating. For example, QBs only use the SPD, STR, AGI, ACC, THP, SAC, MAC, DAC, RUN, and PAC ratings to calculate the OVR rating. You can put the other ones up to 99 and they won't change the overall.

Now what I need to know is which attributes for each position DO make the OVR change. It will not be every one of them.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
From what I've found, awareness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
From what I've found, awareness
I mean can someone please list all of the traits that make a player's OVR rating change for each position. So for a QB, only his SPD, AGI, AWR, THP, THA affect his OVR rating. The others are useless. So I need to know which ones actually affect the overall...get it? It's not just AWR...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

There was a thread in here a last year some time, that showed the percentage of what attribute affected the overall of each position.

It may be hard to find, but it would work pefectly for what you are doing.

I'll try to find it, and if any of you in here remember it, please look for it as well.

By the way...... I hate the way the search function works sometimes in this site....... lol... Happy hunting...
Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Wow....... I found it.....

Here it is. This should be very helpful to you DCEBB2001.

http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...e-answers.html

Thank you to Argooos for doing this a while back. Nice work.]

Peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »