Home

Old 07-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's the call?

Bills (me) against the Steelers. Down 17-14, and the Bills just scored a TD. 2:30 left in the 4th quarter. The announcers are saying that there's probably going to be an onside kick, but I'm not sure. I have all my timeouts, and the defense has been fairly decent. Plus, an onside kick is risky. However, the Steelers will probably be able to move the ball some, which will burn off a lot of time. And one first down could seal the game. What's the call?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: What's the call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
Bills (me) against the Steelers. Down 17-14, and the Bills just scored a TD. 2:30 left in the 4th quarter. The announcers are saying that there's probably going to be an onside kick, but I'm not sure. I have all my timeouts, and the defense has been fairly decent. Plus, an onside kick is risky. However, the Steelers will probably be able to move the ball some, which will burn off a lot of time. And one first down could seal the game. What's the call?
With 2:30 left, down by three and with all your timeouts, Id definitely kick off and not try the onside. With the two minute warning you actually have four timeouts so if you play your cards right and they go three and out, you have two minutes to get into fieldgoal range.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
With 2:30 left, down by three and with all your timeouts, Id definitely kick off and not try the onside. With the two minute warning you actually have four timeouts so if you play your cards right and they go three and out, you have two minutes to get into fieldgoal range.
Completely agree, go safe on this one, kick off and play some good run D!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
Rookie

I was leaning towards that, but you convinced me. Time to go and give Parker a run for his money.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Exactly what he said.

You have more control of what your defense can do than converting a onside kick.

Play smart defense and you should be fine. Hopefully Good Luck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Kickoff and play strong D. If you lose, you lose, but don't "give the game away" by going for an onside. I think one of the commentary lines is "I wouldn't be surprised to see an onsides kick here." I wouldn't be surprised either, but I certainly wouldn't call for one myself.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
Rookie

I kicked it off, and got a fumble in the first play. With plenty of time, I tried running the ball a couple of times before getting an incomplete pass. My 45 yard field goal fell short.

The Steelers tried running the ball, and I was able to hold the line when it came down to third and Inches, forcing them to punt.

Unfortunately, there was a sack on second down, and got into 3rd and 20, with only a few seconds remaining. The first long throw was incomplete, and the second got intercepted, ending the game at 17-14.

Though I lost, it was a closer game than I thought it would be, and I did well overall. That is, if you exclude my horrible rushing (a total of 14 yards rushing)
Old 07-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

ah well the Steelers have been known to play some defense I think...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »