Home

3-4 Depth Chart

This is a discussion on 3-4 Depth Chart within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
3-4 Depth Chart

Seeing as Madden favours the 4-3 defense in every team, even when a team runs a 3-4 defense, how does the depth chart work? I assume only the first DT is placed as the NT and that the "2nd string" MLB is placed on the field as a starter? Also, when drafting for 3-4 DE's and LB's, do you draft DE's for the OLB, MLB's for the MLB and DT's for the DE positions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 3-4 Depth Chart

The depth charts are pretty worthless in Madden all it looks at is overall rating and you'll see many players in positions that is not their listed position. Depth charts were supposed to get an overhaul this year but yet again they have been overlooked, just another let down by EA.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenrer
Seeing as Madden favours the 4-3 defense in every team, even when a team runs a 3-4 defense, how does the depth chart work? I assume only the first DT is placed as the NT and that the "2nd string" MLB is placed on the field as a starter? Also, when drafting for 3-4 DE's and LB's, do you draft DE's for the OLB, MLB's for the MLB and DT's for the DE positions?
yes, the first DT is used as the NT and the first 2 MLB's start in a 3-4....if u draft an undersized DE, u can move him to an OLB spot especially if he is speedy and is able to rush the passer
Old 09-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
yes, the first DT is used as the NT and the first 2 MLB's start in a 3-4....if u draft an undersized DE, u can move him to an OLB spot especially if he is speedy and is able to rush the passer
So if I wanted to draft a DE, I would get a big DE, and I get smaller DE's with speed and good pass rushing abilities and move them to OLB?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenrer
So if I wanted to draft a DE, I would get a big DE, and I get smaller DE's with speed and good pass rushing abilities and move them to OLB?
if u wanted a pure DE, make sure he's big, physical and be able to hold up against the run...don't worry about his pass-rushing abilities....if they're listed as a DE but relatively small (as a lot of college DE's are), then it'd be wise to move em to an OLB spot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 01:16 AM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

forgot to mention....u can always move a pass-rushing OLB back down to DE in obvious passing situations so u dont have to feel obligated to leave him as a linebacker for the whole game and use another OLB whose good in pass coverage and take out a run-stopping, space eating DE in the process
Old 09-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #7
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I honestly like the 4-3. I don't think it's overrated.

But I like 2 giant run blocking DT. Then athletic DE that can utilize the pass rush and also catch the Rb on toss plays. I like athletic OLB that can run with the TE but strong enough to make tackles. Then my MLB like in the middle. Hard Hitter but still able to jump up and bat down the slant routes.

As for CB, all I care about is speed, catch, and aggressiveness in the air. If they give a catch on the sidelines they can just push them out of bounds or if it's in mid field, the safety's or OLB can take care of them.

Personally that's what I like.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I honestly like the 4-3. I don't think it's overrated.

But I like 2 giant run blocking DT. Then athletic DE that can utilize the pass rush and also catch the Rb on toss plays. I like athletic OLB that can run with the TE but strong enough to make tackles. Then my MLB like in the middle. Hard Hitter but still able to jump up and bat down the slant routes.

As for CB, all I care about is speed, catch, and aggressiveness in the air. If they give a catch on the sidelines they can just push them out of bounds or if it's in mid field, the safety's or OLB can take care of them.

Personally that's what I like.
I normally sort the CB's by speed in FA in preseason, sign a few and see how well they do when playing.

I don't actually prefer the 3-4 over the 4-3, its just that I like to use teams in franchise that run a 3-4 and Madden doesn't cater for that, which ticks me off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »