Home

There are three types of people voicing their opinions about Madden 11 and...

This is a discussion on There are three types of people voicing their opinions about Madden 11 and... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
There are three types of people voicing their opinions about Madden 11 and...

they are as follows:

A). The folks that will bash the game no matter how great or innovative it may be.

B). The folks that will praise the game as the Holy Grail even if it was just a roster update with very little improvements or innovation.

C). Then you have my type "the casual gamer" that doesn't care who makes a game or what it costs but just wants to play a dam good game of simulation football using the NFL teams. With that being said this demo is extremely disappointing to me on many levels and I would bet that if you were a close friend of Ian that he has to feel the same way but not by choice.

Madden 11 had so much going for it after Madden 10 that something internally had to change big time! Really guys, if you are type C from above, I can not see any possible reason to run out and buy this game on day one. It should truly be a rental at best. I haven't play the full NCAA game since 2007 until this years. I did try all of their demos and could not be sold on them. When you play the NCAA demo and then play madden 11 demo it is like night and day. On my HDTV the graphics on NCAA are far superior and they didn't change any of the controls to cater to newbies or to make the game simpler, quicker & deeper. That game just feels like you are part of something and Madden is sorely missing that feeling and that is my biggest frustration. Now my only source of playing the NFL will be Madden 10 or BB if the patch adds a better camera.

Just to throw in a few positives: The lighting seems better and the locomotion is a good start. I also like the sideline catching animations. Those are nicely done.

I'm sorry but if any gaming sites can give this game more than a 7.5 then that is just a shame and just shows how creditable they really are.

I know it's a Demo but I would give the NCAA demo a 8.75 and the retail is just as good IMO.

Thanks for reading.

Blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: There are three types of people voicing their opinions about Madden 11 and...

I consider myself neither of those options. While I agree with you, there are those people that have realistic expectations and aren't going to absolutely bash the game unless necessary, and won't praise the game too much, unless it is an amazing game.

I haven't got to play the demo yet (stupid 360s), but from what I've seen on videos, I'll think I'll be happy. But that doesn't mean I am happy with this dev cycle. So much was added from Madden 09 to Madden 10. Some big gameplay improvements and franchise improvements. Now from Madden 10 to Madden 11, the gameplay was improved the same as it was from 09 to 10 in my opinion, and they didn't touch franchise. Makes me somewhat angry, but I'm still liking what I see from locomotion, the catching,and the offensive line play. But if they keep the gameplay the same, and just focus on franchise mode for '12, I will be really dissapointed.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: There are three types of people voicing their opinions about Madden 11 and...

No need for this thread because the flame bait will definitely come
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »