Home

Are Kicking Distances correct?

This is a discussion on Are Kicking Distances correct? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Are Kicking Distances correct?

It could be a non-issue, but today I missed a 52 yarder short by about 5 yards with Vinatieri.

There was no wind, so has he lost some power or are the kick distances a bit wrong? In last year's game I found the kickers lacking a bit of range as well.

It's not really a complaint, as short is probably the only way kicks will get missed in Madden 11, but I'd just like some opinion, and having watched very little football last year, I'm not really sure where the Colts kicker is at in terms of power.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Are Kicking Distances correct?

vinatieri has lost a ton of power recently and his accuracy outside of 40 is questionable. I think with a bit of wind and adjusting the angle he can maybe hit a 50 yarder in M11 which seems just about right.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are Kicking Distances correct?

If you found a lack of range in last year's kickers, you must not have actually played Madden 10.

Go to Madden 10. Use the Cowboys. Use David Buehler as your kicker.

I've kicked several 62 yard field goals with Buehler.. He has 96+ kick power.. It's unrealistic.. but at least it won me some games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »