Home

Post here if you like Gameflow

This is a discussion on Post here if you like Gameflow within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post here if you like Gameflow

I've been playing Madden a long time, and I am very good at it, as I assume many of you are.

The past few years on offense, I have always pressed the ask madden button and picked from the three plays shown in an effort to eliminate any chance of me abusing certain plays and to widen my array of plays used. I feel this makes the game more challenging. And while I don't like running a draw on 3rd and 18, if you watch football on Sunday, you know that's usually the call most coaches are making.

With that in mind, I love the gameflow addition because it allows me to put in all the plays for the situations but allow the computer to make the call, adding to the difficulty.

The only issue I have is on defense because I feel the only way to play D on Madden for the PS3 is to constantly sit back in a zone and control your LB for plays over the middle. That's the only success I've had in making any sort of defensive stops.

I can't be the only one who uses Ask Madden as a way to enhance the difficulty can I? I think Gameflow is basically programming your own ask Madden, but improving it based on how you play. In that regard, I think it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Post here if you like Gameflow

I like it for offense but not for defense.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

im feeling it.both sides of the ball
Old 07-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

I like it. I was playing a close game that came down to the last few seconds and the coach actually yells at you to hurry when the clock is running with a less than a minute. I thought that it was pretty cool.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

I have been doing the same thing as the OP for the past few years because I already know all the plays in the Chargers playbook and i know which ones i am going to call inn every situation.

With game flow I can set up the game plan with those plays and assign the priority for them but still get to use some plays that i don't call as much and see how they work. Now I'm not going to have the text box on screen because that's annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Like it, may not use it all the time but glad to have the option.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

Turned it off before I even played one game... Wont try it. dont want the A.I calling plays fro me... Its part of the game to call the plays that work for you.. My biggest problem with it as a new feature is it can be turned off.. I just feel when your trying to make the game better or great the new features should be everything everyone wants.. And the fact that you can turn it all off just shows that EA IMO doesnt have much confident it their "New Feature"
Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Turned it off before I even played one game... Wont try it. dont want the A.I calling plays fro me... Its part of the game to call the plays that work for you.. My biggest problem with it as a new feature is it can be turned off.. I just feel when your trying to make the game better or great the new features should be everything everyone wants.. And the fact that you can turn it all off just shows that EA IMO doesnt have much confident it their "New Feature"
Disagree with that assement. There is no way you will ever get everyone to agree to the merits of any one feature. People like options and don't like to be pigeonholed to specific criteria. Options are good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »