Home

one month after madden 11 has launched off

This is a discussion on one month after madden 11 has launched off within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #25
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: one month after madden 11 has launched off

I still have it and play it often even though I think the defense needs a bit more tweaking.I'm waiting to see if it gets better with the next update, if not I'll be selling it to help pay for NBA2K11.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 21

I've really been enjoying online games since the roster update.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:32 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I am only 5 weeks into my franchise. I am having a hard time enjoying the game. Maybe I need to try some new sliders or invent my own better set and play with this new roster that has apparently helped defense a lot.

― Plato
Old 09-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #28
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Yup. And i know i've already played this more than 10 because i've played every game 3 years into my Lions franchise. I don't think i played 30 games total in M10 let alone my franchise.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well, I'm glad I didn't actually have to pay cash for this game, but I do like it more than Madden 10. If I had known about certain issues that I've already talked about (e.g. pulling linemen, pathing issues) I wouldn't even have gotten it with the gift card. I'm still playing it, but I'm getting to the point where my frustration level is about even or greater than my enjoyment (except when I'm torching the 'skins with Dez; that's always fun )
Old 09-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love NCAA 2011. I think I hate Madden 11. Jay Cutler does play just like real life though. I'm throwing picks all over the place.

As for the defense...Brandon Jacobs just destroyed me. He shouldn't be breaking 4 tackles on every play. That's just frustrating. And I can't get a pass rush for the life of me... It also doesn't help that my secondary leaves people wide open no matter the playcall. Am I missing something here...or is that side of the ball just busted? 52 points?! The Bears aren't that much worse than the Giants.

I'll keep playing, but that's only because my NCAA 2011 disc was faulty and I'm waiting for EA to replace it. Sigh.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #31
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddert
I love NCAA 2011. I think I hate Madden 11. Jay Cutler does play just like real life though. I'm throwing picks all over the place.

As for the defense...Brandon Jacobs just destroyed me. He shouldn't be breaking 4 tackles on every play. That's just frustrating. And I can't get a pass rush for the life of me... It also doesn't help that my secondary leaves people wide open no matter the playcall. Am I missing something here...or is that side of the ball just busted? 52 points?! The Bears aren't that much worse than the Giants.

I'll keep playing, but that's only because my NCAA 2011 disc was faulty and I'm waiting for EA to replace it. Sigh.
The broken tackles will be addressed with the first patch at the end of the month along with the defensive issues. I am not seeing alot of problems using man coverage all the time its zone when the game decides to stop playing defence unless I press at the line and get burned from there which is functioning as intended.

As far as pass rush goes I can generate it if I am controlling one of the linemen but have issues otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am enjoying it. But it needs some work, a lot of which is not attainable in a patch. NCAA is a better game, but it's not the NFL. That is why I am playing Madden and I traded in NCAA. I am hoping they really overhaul for Madden 12, the consumers deserve it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »