Home

Community Spotlight - Jaymes Powell Jr.

This is a discussion on Community Spotlight - Jaymes Powell Jr. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8

This one is especially for the OS community. Imagine me interviewing a guy that plays Franchise. He's the only person in our community spotlight that I've played football against and has also covered the Vikings, Ravens, Panthers, Redskins, and Chiefs for newspaper and radio!

When he asked me to appear on "SkinsTalkRadio" to talk about a tournament my site was hosting - I predicted the Lions would end their record setting losing streak against the Redskins and spoke to a player in a female football league. This time I interviewed Jaymes about why he loves to play Madden.

Quote:
TNT713: I think Madden ’99 was the first year that they had a Franchise mode. Is that what really drew you back in.

Jaymes Powell Jr.: Yeah. Actually I prefer playing Franchise mode to single game play. I prefer Franchise mode to playing friends. Like my best friend, he didn’t beat me from 2000 to 2009. I won like 9 straight years. But that wasn’t really fun for me. What was fun for me was taking the worst team in the league and trading for players to build up a franchise. That part to me is the best part of Madden and what separated it from being a ‘football game’.

Another thing I like, because I don’t play single games anymore, is Superstar mode. You know, the player stats and getting traded around the league. It’s fun playing whatever position you wanna play. I played wide receiver in college. This allows me to live my dream. [laughs] So you know, Superstar and Franchise modes are the ones I tend to focus on.
Gotta admit, I asked the questions and wasn't prepared for some of his answers. When he said he likes Franchise and doesn't play people AND he doesn't play online EVER. I might have looked at him like he had two heads. LOL. I wasn't sure what to ask him. Our passions for Madden couldn't be any more different. I'm a die-hard head-to-head fan and he only plays the CPU in Franchise and Superstar modes.

But after talking to Jaymes, I think I understand the appeal of Franchise a little better. I'm still not "on the fence," per se, but at least I can see it in the distance.

I hope you guys enjoy the conversation. It was eye opening for me and might be right up you guys alley.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »