Home

E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens

This is a discussion on E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: E3 11 Madden 12 Hands on-Pats vs Ravens

I hate the qb dropping back 1400 yards and then throwing.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I know everyone hates this, but how do you fix it? It already takes the ball longer to travel and passes aren't as accurate when you drop back further. If I am not mistaken, the game does use the THP and THA ratings from the spot of the throw, not the LOS, right? If so, then the ratings should play out like they should when you drop back 15-20 yards, or more.

I think the main problem is people dropping back that far aren't threatened by the pass rushers getting to them any easier. That's the real problem in my opinion, not really the throws, those are fine.

― Plato
Old 06-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I know everyone hates this, but how do you fix it? It already takes the ball longer to travel and passes aren't as accurate when you drop back further. If I am not mistaken, the game does use the THP and THA ratings from the spot of the throw, not the LOS, right? If so, then the ratings should play out like they should when you drop back 15-20 yards, or more.

I think the main problem is people dropping back that far aren't threatened by the pass rushers getting to them any easier. That's the real problem in my opinion, not really the throws, those are fine.
Its simple, make QB mechanics absolutely necessary. In that Brady run around his feet placement rhythm doesnt matter, he doesnt have to set his legs, and his body doesnt even have to be in the proper angle to throw a good ball. Every step a qb takes must matter; from a full sprint a stop to a minor adjustment step to the right. As it is now, i can run in two full circles, turn my body to the opposite field, and press a button and boom perfect throw.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Not a whole lot to see, here. As far as the deep drop backs go, I just overlook them. I know I won't be doing that in my offline franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Its simple, make QB mechanics absolutely necessary. In that Brady run around his feet placement rhythm doesnt matter, he doesnt have to set his legs, and his body doesnt even have to be in the proper angle to throw a good ball. Every step a qb takes must matter; from a full sprint a stop to a minor adjustment step to the right. As it is now, i can run in two full circles, turn my body to the opposite field, and press a button and boom perfect throw.
Agree with both of you.

First, the game needs the QB drop back and pocket formation to be synced with the routes - not only because it's true to the game, but also because it'll prevent people from taking off right after they snap the ball. If the play is setup to be a 5 step drop, then the QB must do his 5 step drop before scrambling.

Second, outside pass rush must mean something in Madden - they need to stop interfering with the forward momentum of the outside rushers by keeping them locked in some blocking/pushing animations. In real life QBs who drop back too far are getting crushed by DEs/OLBs coming around the edge within seconds.

Third, the game needs to respect momentum and introduce features like balance and foot planting. If the QB doesn't plant his feet and find his balance before throwing, then it should clearly visible on his accuracy (or lack of accuracy).

Fourth, the game needs to reintroduce a vision system to prevent QBs from being perfectly accurate after a 180 degree turn - it could easily be the new vision mapping technology that FIFA 12's introducing, where players need time to setup their vision. The better the vision rating, the faster they see and react to the situation, but it's still impossible for them to see and pass accurately to people outside their vision without holding on to the ball for a second or two first.

Last edited by guaps; 06-17-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

is this pro mode?

when on higher modes the ACC ratings should take severe hits.

problem solved
Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I don't get why they leave it in, people have been complaining about it 6 years and they still leave it in. Its very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »