Home

Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #825
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Is it really?!

and it feels THAT much better than NCAA? From a build around early May!!!

Im pumped
Yeah here's a video of the recent build, recorded at the end of July, watch in 720P

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #826
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The camera angle is closer now, look at the recent build videos. Also I've heard the players speed is better now too. Remember, this demo is from around the early May build.
YESSSSSSSS!

*breaks out into the cabbage patch dance*
Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #827
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Positives:

Player Models are almost great. Still some issues, but much improved. Fat people are fat for a change lol.

Animations, though still poor, look less poor than 11. The movement overall seems smoother. Might be a framerate thing. Running animations still need help, but they weren't as bad as they looked last year or even in the E3 vids.

Still on the subject of animations, some of the new tackle animations looked very impressive. The diving catch animation (which I completed for a TD to Jennings) looked very good. Likewise the sideline catches.

Locomotion seemed to be slightly less floaty and a little more grounded. Still not enough momentum and it isn't all that realistic, but it does feel better than 11. Still a lot more to be done there.

As with the NCAA demo, the lack of suction makes the game feel better to play. Although there is still a tad bit of suction in the game as when I am running at full speed to the very outside edge of a blocker and they can only get an arm on me, it is still sufficient to make me come to a stand still sometimes.

Route Running. I've seen something that i have never seen in Madden before. The receivers adjusted their routes, on the fly, to put themselves between the defender and ball. I've only seen it on Slants, but in years past if there was a defender in Zone in the area of the Slant, the route would still be run exactly as drawn up. Yesterday I saw the receivers take different angles as they neared a Zone defender and flattened the routes out to stay in front instead of running behind. On some occasions it was very noticeable. Didn't see it on any other route but slants though.

Game Speed on Normal was almost spot on.

Negatives:

Passing Game! Absolutely atrocious. Tethered passing is more powerful than ever. Trying to throw a pass over any defender is such an exercise in frustration. The game delights in throwing passes short. The biggest negative of this game, and it almost makes me not even want to play it.

The Defensive Play Clock. Took me a while to see that it was still in the game. Why they went from digital seconds to that pseudo analog clock/ hour glass thing, is anyone's guess. Not a big deal, but it was totally unnecessary and doesn't improve on what was already there in any way.

Crowd Noise. Maybe a lot of the crowd audio wasn't in the demo, but until further confirmation of the retail game, it was terrible.

Halftime show is rubbish.

Last edited by Only1LT; 08-10-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #828
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

OK, just got done playing as the Packers in this one. I think that finally, after years of waiting, Madden is where it should be as a top flight game. There is still a lot to work on, but I think that they have a good portion of it down.

PROS:

The cameras, cutscenes and presentation looked phenomenal. They still have work to do for next year, but it's much better than it used to be. I even liked the NFL Properties cut scene at the end; very nice touch.

The gameplay, while not perfect, is improved. I had a lot of fun with both sides of the ball in the game.

CONS:

It seems like both Rodgers and Cutler are getting a lot of running attempts. Hopefully that's turned down by the time the game ships.

Speaking of which, it seems that they both are getting sacked a lot. I sacked Rodgers three times and Cutler seven times.

I reserve final judgement for the final game, but this one is shaping up nicely.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #829
Banned

OVR: 9

In 10 games ( All as the Bears) AR has only taken of 7 times.. I am not seeing the Vick thing some guys are..
Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #830
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
In 10 games ( All as the Bears) AR has only taken of 7 times.. I am not seeing the Vick thing some guys are..
I bet the people who are nano blitz. It makes perfect sense, because of DPP. Rodgers senses pressure and takes off, so if you blitz a lot....
Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #831
Banned

OVR: 9

I only blitz maybe 30 percent of the time.. I was thinking the same thing that some guys need to blitz all the time ( which isn't real football)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #832
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I bet the people who are nano blitz. It makes perfect sense, because of DPP. Rodgers senses pressure and takes off, so if you blitz a lot....
False. He takes off as soon as he gets the chance and I play a lot of zone.

Spying doesn't work and he runs right by the de contain. In fact the de just stands there as he waltzes by.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »