Home

Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches?

This is a discussion on Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1
Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches?

I have never really liked the WR animations when trying to catch the ball, and although I like the diving animations I just don't use them enough to notice them.

When I throw a 5 yard slant route and my reciever has position to pick of the first down but instead he does some little jump in the air and slows him down and I end up getting tackled or he has to jump and lean back to get the ball and completely stop his momentum.

But I think the animations they need to work on the most is deep balls and Fade Routes, I'd really like to see some animations with receivers fighting with DBs for positioning and seeing Larry Fitzgerald actually jumping when I throw to him instead of ignoring there's a CB jumping up and Fitz is just trying to catch it at his feet. I really hope they prioritize this in next years game aswell as super LBs and Psychic DB's.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
I have never really liked the WR animations when trying to catch the ball, and although I like the diving animations I just don't use them enough to notice them.

When I throw a 5 yard slant route and my reciever has position to pick of the first down but instead he does some little jump in the air and slows him down and I end up getting tackled or he has to jump and lean back to get the ball and completely stop his momentum.

But I think the animations they need to work on the most is deep balls and Fade Routes, I'd really like to see some animations with receivers fighting with DBs for positioning and seeing Larry Fitzgerald actually jumping when I throw to him instead of ignoring there's a CB jumping up and Fitz is just trying to catch it at his feet. I really hope they prioritize this in next years game aswell as super LBs and Psychic DB's.
this is the absolute worst catch animation in the game. i can't stand it. it's hard to explain, but another annoying one is when you lob a deep throw and instead of making a leaping catch, the wr runs while turning his upper body back to the qb and lets the ball sail over his head.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 19

I hate that every catch that's not a diving catch or sideline catch results in a balanced catch with little momentum loss. I want some stumbles and some falls in there.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Some of animations are fine, but some of them are an eyesore.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

To answer your question, simply, yes.

There are issues with animations in general, but also when the AI chooses a particular animation. It is a glaring weakness of this title and has been for a very long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

As long as they got rid of the Tyree catch that was prevelant in M10, I don't care.....
Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

In Madden 11 and now this I find the following.

3rd down I run a slant or cross...my WR is wide open and has only to catch the ball turn, go a yard or two and get the first down. EVERY time it seems the throw is bad...and he has to jump or turn back or dive or something and as a result gets tackled before he turns upfield...argggghhh!!!

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

If the throw is bad, that is user error.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »