Home

How Ea sports can fix madden 12 passing

This is a discussion on How Ea sports can fix madden 12 passing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
How Ea sports can fix madden 12 passing

my ps3 broke a few days ago....so i went and bought a used ps3 with backwards compatability...

started playing madden 07 for ps2 and i noticed something in the sliders...

they had a knockdowns slider

if madden 12 had this....boom. we can fix those super linebacks and swats that just come all day long from linebacks....

i really think adding this 1 thing could save madden this year. the gameplay is always gonna have other things needed changed. but with franchise adding alot. all that really is a huge annoyance factor is all the lineback swats and knockdowns...

add back this slider and boom! problem fixed....

do you agree? can this be done via patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How Ea sports can fix madden 12 passing

I'd like to see these 3 options have their own swat slider...

Defensive backs
Linebackers
Defensive lineman

This way I could take the super Lb's away and while using that slider it would have no effect on the Db's. Plus, I could still increase the defensive backs ability to go for swats as well as adjust deflections at the line seperately to my liking.

I think the more options EA gives us thru sliders to customize the game to play the way we want it to and to challenge us to our skill level the better.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

That slider would band-aid Madden, not fix it. To fix Madden passing, they need to improve ball trajectory mechanics as well as implement a "vision" system for defensive players.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
they had a knockdowns slider

if madden 12 had this....boom. we can fix those super linebacks and swats that just come all day long from linebacks....

do you agree? can this be done via patch?
I don't agree... here's why. On Madden 10 I had trouble throwing passes over linebackers specifically when I saw a player WIDE OPEN behind the "superman LB." I'd throw the ball quickly and it would be picked off or swatted...

I searched a few forums to see what I could do and I saw several super LB threads, but none with the answers I needed to improve my performance. I was on my own. So I broke down the situation to find some common threads that would help me perform better.

I discovered that MY problem with Super LB's was my tendency throw too low in reaction to spotting a WIDE OPEN receiver I wasn't expecting to be open. Hitting the button too hard made the ball come out MUCH LOWER allowing an LB to have a shot at the ball. I was MY OWN WORST ENEMY. I needed to RELAX when I was pressing the button in this situation. But how?

No joke, After a particularly horrible game where I threw 3 picks to LB's (2 super, the other was just a dumb decision), I had a dream one night that told me to hold my breath and relax. Sounds dumb, I know. But for about a week I intentionally took a deep breath and held it on pass plays and IT WORKED.

Same game, Madden 10, I started completing more passes that had previously been picked off because the ball was looping over them instead of being thrown on a rope. All because I relaxed.

That said, hitting the button too hard may not be your issue. But I'm betting it may be. So I recommend that you relax and press the button lighter. Now go make my dream come true. LOL

Later

Last edited by TNT713; 08-16-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That slider would band-aid Madden, not fix it. To fix Madden passing, they need to improve ball trajectory mechanics as well as implement a "vision" system for defensive players.
And route based passing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
And route based passing
Heck yes, route-based passing.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Exactly what Bronco86 said.

1. Trajectory of the passes.

2. Vision system for defense. (And offense. If you throw a pass before the route "calls" for you to do so, your receiver shouldn't know to expect it depending on vision rating of course) [Check out FIFA 12 for how the vision should work. They are implementing it this year and it looks fantastic.]

3. Route Based Passing.

If you put those 3 things in, you will see such a dramatic increase in passing and it will pretty much be fixed.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

To echo what's already been said, definitely the trajectory of the passing.

I remember sharing an exchange with Ian Cummings on here a couple of years ago about exactly this (passing trajectory). He didn't see it as a problem as, at the time, they'd recently reduced the unrealistic super-human leaping to just super-human.

I'm not trying to self-promote (I have no interest in creating a youtube persona), but as an example of the suspect passing trajectory, have a look at this example from the demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP56_XJT--4

There must be a way for them to alter the passing trajectory without ruining the gameplay or making it too easy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »