Home

Madden Daily #224 Helping Smoke Stop Strong Close Counter Weak

This is a discussion on Madden Daily #224 Helping Smoke Stop Strong Close Counter Weak within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37
Madden Daily #224 Helping Smoke Stop Strong Close Counter Weak

Smoke I said I would help you stop this run so here you go man. Congrats btw.

http://www.maddentips.com/madden-nfl...-counter-weak/

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Daily #224 Helping Smoke Stop Strong Close Counter Weak

Funnily enough this video demonstrates one of my biggest issues with they way they have the A.I. blocking set up this year. When you ran it against the pass play and got the sack the back failed to block him. There is nothing really wrong with that because if Vick steps up then you do pick it up most times but if this was out of a 3-4 set with the ROLB coming free instead of the RE then he would have been picked up. Things like that annoy me.

As for the defense its similar in concept (though completely different in the look) to how I attack strong close. I tend to stick with 3-4 Odd and 3-4 Over Cover 2 Sink, Cover 2, and Sting Pinch Zone for base coverages using the Sting Pinch Zone as the one that will just blow up the run in the backfield. With Sting Pinch Zone if you turn the deep zones into curl to flats (only in redzone or if you know they are running) they make some absolutely ridiculous plays. I've had multiple occasions where Woodson breaks so fast on a Strong Close toss he actually catches the toss. The other 2 plays are mainly there for something a little more conserative since both Cover 2 Sink out of 3-4 Odd and Cover 2 out of 3-4 Over (best Cover 2 in the game in my opinion) can easily be converted to Tampa 2 looks, OLB Strike Blitzes, or some weird combo coverages using the OLB's as man defenders or just audibling to 2 Man Under.

The 2-4-5 however is my favorite formation in general so I try to use the same defensive principles that I use with the 3-4 but normally it will leave the middle or the outside open if you just try to make carbon copy of what I do in the 3-4. Cross Fire 0 and Cross Fire 3 Seam help alleviate these issues because the blitz already does a good job of plugging up the middle and the zone blitz can easily be adjusted for better outside contain, but if the nickel back is on the wrong side its all down to you making the play as a safety.

Ok my daily slightly off topic essay is done.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Thanks man, I can't wait to give this a shot when I get home which should be later today. I never seen this on any of your twim shows, but this is very welcomed and thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Thanks man, I can't wait to give this a shot when I get home which should be later today. I never seen this on any of your twim shows, but this is very welcomed and thanks.
this is something that went into the defensive arsenal about 2 months ago.

let me know how it works

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
Funnily enough this video demonstrates one of my biggest issues with they way they have the A.I. blocking set up this year. When you ran it against the pass play and got the sack the back failed to block him. There is nothing really wrong with that because if Vick steps up then you do pick it up most times but if this was out of a 3-4 set with the ROLB coming free instead of the RE then he would have been picked up. Things like that annoy me.

As for the defense its similar in concept (though completely different in the look) to how I attack strong close. I tend to stick with 3-4 Odd and 3-4 Over Cover 2 Sink, Cover 2, and Sting Pinch Zone for base coverages using the Sting Pinch Zone as the one that will just blow up the run in the backfield. With Sting Pinch Zone if you turn the deep zones into curl to flats (only in redzone or if you know they are running) they make some absolutely ridiculous plays. I've had multiple occasions where Woodson breaks so fast on a Strong Close toss he actually catches the toss. The other 2 plays are mainly there for something a little more conserative since both Cover 2 Sink out of 3-4 Odd and Cover 2 out of 3-4 Over (best Cover 2 in the game in my opinion) can easily be converted to Tampa 2 looks, OLB Strike Blitzes, or some weird combo coverages using the OLB's as man defenders or just audibling to 2 Man Under.
always one of my favorite defenses in the game bc of its flexibilty and ability to bring intense pressure - love it

The 2-4-5 however is my favorite formation in general so I try to use the same defensive principles that I use with the 3-4 but normally it will leave the middle or the outside open if you just try to make carbon copy of what I do in the 3-4. Cross Fire 0 and Cross Fire 3 Seam help alleviate these issues because the blitz already does a good job of plugging up the middle and the zone blitz can easily be adjusted for better outside contain, but if the nickel back is on the wrong side its all down to you making the play as a safety.
been a big fan of quarters as of late and used it heavily in the virgin gaming tourney in NYC. Like the extra speed i get on the field

Ok my daily slightly off topic essay is done.
no worries man lol - i got off topic allllll the time

www.MaddenTips.com

Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »