Home

I thought overall ratings didn't matter??

This is a discussion on I thought overall ratings didn't matter?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I thought overall ratings didn't matter??

Either I'm confused or don't understand something... But I was under the impression that overall ratings didn't matter this year as they changed based on what scheme you were running?? If that's the case, why are they releasing the OVERALL ratings on Fridays for the positions that the fans were allowed to vote on? Please help me understand what I'm missing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

They really don't.

Certain positions and scenarios maybe but I play with the Jags we've got a 60ovr WR named Cecil Shorts who I make look like a HOFer.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I thought overall ratings didn't matter??

They matter in terms of how the CPU handles their roster. A guy in the past would be a 70 for both you and the CPU and you'd have a tough time trading him for anything but that. This year, that same guy might still be a 70 in your scheme but he may fit a CPU's scheme better and be a 85 in that scheme. In turn, you could trade for another player that is a high overall in your scheme but not in theirs.

Hopefully it makes the moves the CPU makes more dynamic and realistic.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

This is done to generate buzz with the casual fans who don't thing about schemes, or DPP or any of that stuff. It's not really for us.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Overall ratings still matter. Teams might calculate them differently but a bad player is still a bad player. The schemes are just to show value for players that fit the mold of that team

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
I have always had very low WRs have epic years.... Happens every single year.

62ovr? No problem. He will finish with over 1000 yds and at least 7 TDs. Which in turn allows me to trade a 90ovr who barely broke 500 yds and only a few TDs.

Overalls mean squat unless your a QB. but if his power and accuracy ate there overall again means nothing since awareness only effects the CPU.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Just got confused there for a min... Because I remember Looman stating that while one player might be a 82 on one team, he maybe be a 75 on another if he didn't fit the scheme that was being ran. However... Here's to hoping that this will succeed in helping the CPU in making the most out of a players true abilities! Thanks for the info guys!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Banned

Until someone plays the game on a consistant basis we don't know if they matter this year. Last year honestly they really didn't matter much as Kerry Collins on the Colts out perfomed Peyton in Denver in My franchise despite being rated over 20 points higher. The OVR is not being voted on specific ratings are. The scheme don't matter much because only ovr change because of this.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 08-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »