Home

Is it ok to stoop to the Cheesers level?

This is a discussion on Is it ok to stoop to the Cheesers level? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it ok to stoop to the Cheesers level?

Forgive me I am new to this site and actually got here because I am constantly getting cheesed in Madden and it will eventually cost me a controller as I am starting to throw them now because of cheesers.

Do you stoop to a cheesers level if you are getting Cheesed? I like playing a realistic NFL game despite the fact that I suck but Cheesers often ruin that for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Is it ok to stoop to the Cheesers level?

As much as i would love too, I just have to suck it up and be the bigger person, it was just the way I was raised I guess. I don't believe in taking advantage of unsuspecting people or profitting off of scams and stuff. Just stay true to how you play and you will eventually overcome them at some point.

Being patient really helps too, you cam see exactly what they're doing and learn how to slow it or sbut it down.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
As much as i would love too, I just have to suck it up and be the bigger person, it was just the way I was raised I guess. I don't believe in taking advantage of unsuspecting people or profitting off of scams and stuff. Just stay true to how you play and you will eventually overcome them at some point.

Being patient really helps too, you cam see exactly what they're doing and learn how to slow it or sbut it down.
Im playing an online dynasty with two buddies. One of them likes to do stupid crap like putting WR's in as TE's and RB's in at FB. I hate that kind of crap. The first season, I beat him, barely. The second time we play he is in for a rude awakening. That's all I'm going to say about that. I'm commish of the dynasty. He's going to wish he didn't play that way....lol
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Rookie

I will... If you play me straight up I will too but if you cheeseball me all bets are off. It just makes playing online virtually impossible when you find one.

But that's why I don't really play randoms too often to avoid being in that situation.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide
Old 08-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

If someone is going to do that stuff, it means they're okay with it. Which means the only other person it needs to be okay with is yourself. Turnabout is fairplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I don't play online, but I played a friend who was nothing but a cheeser. He killed me in the first half, 28 - 0. I studied him, though. I grilled his cheese in the second half, ran ball control and beat him 42 - 38. I wish I could back in time and record it. I think it'd be a youtube sensation just based on his ranting at the end.

Anyway, yeah, same as above mentioned...study said cheeser. I swear they usually only run 5 plays the whole time. Shut their 5 plays down, run ball control with a nice west coast offense and they will really, really start to hate you. Even if you don't win, they'll hate that you run ball control and kill the clock preventing them from winning 80 to nothing like they're probably used to doing.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Pro

cptnclutch28's Arena

OVR: 4
Cheese is cheese and sim is sim. I personally take pride in beating guys who know nothing but cheese because they have nothing to say when you beat them fair and square. So I guess it's a personal call. Would I ever cheese to beat someone no because I feel like my abilities are better than theirs and my understanding of the overall game is also better.

We all have our own strengths and weaknesses and if your playing someone that hits on your weakness then it will help you get better. That's just my opinion. Is it frustrating to see the same 3-5 plays all game of course but when you start stopping them on a consistent basis then you have the upper hand. Just takes a lot of practice

Season 12: Buffalo Bills
12-4

Crew Bowl XII Champions

Season 13: Buffalo Bills

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »