Home

Online CCM and the NFL Draft

This is a discussion on Online CCM and the NFL Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online CCM and the NFL Draft

I have a bit of a noobish question. I'm running an online CCM with 2 of my friends (the only human players in the league) and we are at the NFL Draft stage of the off-season. My question is do we need to do the NFL Draft in one sitting all together online at the same time? Are we able to go on as we please and draft one pick at a time, or does the game not save/draft clock keep running?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Online CCM and the NFL Draft

im currently in an online league as well. we havent made it to the off season yet, but if it's like the previous maddens, then you guys would all need to sit down at the same time to draft. im pretty sure they wouldnt have changed this.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Has anybody figured this out?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Joystiq

My understanding (and from what I remember Josh Looman telling me), is that the draft system is a live draft only.

However, the commish can pause the draft at any time, and you guys can come back to it as need be. But you have to do the draft in-game in the draft system (which by the way, is really awesome this year. Trey Wingo's dialogue is excellent).

It's going to be hell when I organize my 32-team league's draft in about a month. We used to auto-draft players and drop them to free agency, then do a pen-and-paper draft that took a week or two. We're going to actually schedule a live draft this season. Should be fun!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuszek
My understanding (and from what I remember Josh Looman telling me), is that the draft system is a live draft only.

However, the commish can pause the draft at any time, and you guys can come back to it as need be. But you have to do the draft in-game in the draft system (which by the way, is really awesome this year. Trey Wingo's dialogue is excellent).

It's going to be hell when I organize my 32-team league's draft in about a month. We used to auto-draft players and drop them to free agency, then do a pen-and-paper draft that took a week or two. We're going to actually schedule a live draft this season. Should be fun!
What this guy said. We did our draft a few weeks ago and Trey Wingo's commentary is indeed nice. I wish there was more of it throughout the entire draft tho. To answer the OP's question tho, you all will have to be there.

Last edited by splff3000; 11-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Just started!

we havent made it to the off season yet
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Online CCM and the NFL Draft

If I started a 1 man online CCM, played thru the season...started the draft....made my 1st 2 picks and then turned the box off I doubt that:

• My completed picks would be lost
  • It would sim the remainder of the draft
  • The draft timer would continue to run on the server even though I logged off

I don't see any reason this would be different for a 2 or 6 or 32 man draft. Now what we don't know is whether the commish has to do anything to restart the draft. Seems like 2 people could make a mock league, sim to draft, and figure this out in about 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »