Home

A Negative Billion $$$ Cap Space (FIX) - temporary at least

This is a discussion on A Negative Billion $$$ Cap Space (FIX) - temporary at least within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation A Negative Billion $$$ Cap Space (FIX/Workaround) - temporary at least

I know there is another thread that is directly related to this subject, but I didn't want this feasible solution to get lost in the shuffle... (maybe this can be a sticky?)

My current league just finished our second off season and have began our 3rd season. This is the first off season that we've done were we had this -billion dollar cap space glitch to deal with. I just wanted to post this in hopes that it will help some other leagues until EA gives us a patch to fix it.

These are the steps related to our solution:

1. please post a picture in this thread that proves you are experiencing the glitch.

The picture must show your MY ACTIONS TAB - with the Negotiate option highlighted. - no crops etc are necessary - This one picture will include the season year the week of the season as well as the glitched cap number for your team (under the picture of the negotiating player)

2. once you have verified that your team is experiencing the glitch, I will have you send me a listing of ALL players on your team that you would like an opportunity to resign

Please include your team name and the players first & last name and their position

3. Master List will be compiled

Once I have all the names and positions I will compile a list of all players. This list will be sorted by last name as well as position. This will make it easy to reference during the off season.

4. The names on this list will be players that are untouchable during the league off season.

DO NOT OFFER CONTRACTS TO THESE PLAYERS. IF YOU DO YOU WILL HAVE TO CUT THE PLAYER SO HE CAN BE SIGNED TO THE TEAM THAT RESERVED HIM. THIS MAY RESULT IN A CAP PENALTY FOR YOUR TEAM.

I REPEAT DO NOT OFFER CONTRACTS TO ANY PLAYERS ON THIS LIST!!!!

5. Glitched coaches will resign their reserved players.

Once the new season begins (after the draft) the glitched owners will have the opportunity to go into free agency and resign ONLY the players that they reserved due to the glitch. If they have enough cap room to resign EVERYONE they reserved, then great!!!! But if they can't then they lose that player (just as they would have in the normal off season). If you resign ANY PLAYERS other than the ones you reserved those players will have to be released back into free agency.

6. Free agency will open for the entire league.

Once the glitched owners have had the opportunity to sign their reserved players, free agency will open for the entire league. And then business resumes as usual.

This solution worked for us without a hitch. It went perfect. Only things I'd like to add are these:

1. You can't have any CPU teams in the league or it will mess everything up.
  2. You have to make sure your coaches are aware of the list of untouchable players.
  3. during free agency since the commissioner decides when to advance to the next week, just have some members of your league (or the coaches themselves) make sure that none of the untouchable players have offers extended to them. (you know who has offers and who offered them because the associated team will have a picture of their helmet beside the player. Make them remove the contract offer BEFORE you advance to the next week...
  4. in the event that someone signs an untouchable player, they HAVE TO RELEASE or TRADE the player to the team that reserved them. (or maybe some other feasible agreement that they come to... (maybe draft picks?)
  5. Lastly, assign a deadline where coaches must have their pics to verify they are glitched turned into the league. And then assign a deadline for reserved players to be added to the league. (if a player is NOT on the list, then they can under no circumstances be reserved)

Like I said, this worked PERFECTLY for us. The only issues we had were with coaches that had not referenced the list. When notified though, most just rightfully removed the contract offer. We had a few instances where some guys slipped through the cracks, but those issues were resolved with not much problem.

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks for listening.

-Apex

Last edited by theapex; 10-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A Negative Billion $$$ Cap Space (FIX) - temporary at least

And more importantly, the salaries don't "appear" to be glitched anymore.

We had 10 teams with this glitch.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

did you also have to do this in the next offseason as well?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Rookie

We've only experienced one off season since this glitch happened. But we are rolling along. And based on the ea connected careers website our salary caps are fixed.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Are you able to resign players during the year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uly27
Are you able to resign players during the year?
This.

I won't mind giving up one year of resigning players if I don't lose my franchise, err, CCM. We are in year 5 and I love my team. Plus, I'm 0-5 right now, so I might have a shot at the number one pick .
Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
Rookie

if you want to keep a player that is coming up to be a free agent at the end of the season just drop the player during the playoffs and then resign him!! he will still be on 1 yr contract next season... unfortunely you wont be able to bid on FA but you can keep the players you wanna keep!!! then you shouldnt have to deal with the negative cap next season either....
Old 10-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uly27
if you want to keep a player that is coming up to be a free agent at the end of the season just drop the player during the playoffs and then resign him!! he will still be on 1 yr contract next season... unfortunely you wont be able to bid on FA but you can keep the players you wanna keep!!! then you shouldnt have to deal with the negative cap next season either....
What do you mean you can't sign FA? I thought the bug only affected resigning players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »