Home

scheme changing back again?

This is a discussion on scheme changing back again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
scheme changing back again?

I'm really hoping that its me being an idiot because I really enjoying M13 now.

I know it has some issues but there are simple work arounds that help.

Now I am a Scheme believer in this game and after Update 3, I finally was thank full that if i changed the scheme from west coast to power run say it would stick.

But since update 4, no matter what I do it always reverts to West Coast and 4-3.

This even affected my current Jets ccm in season 2 when I had it set for over season and half of Balanced and attacking 3-4. Now it ****ing has reverted to default.

If EA have ****ed this they are ******s.

Anyone getting the same.

This is Offline CCM btw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

G_Unit88's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: scheme changing back again?

I've notice that as well, I started an offline ccm after the latest patch, and I tried to change the schemes but it wouldn't allow me to as it would go back to the original scheme.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

thanks for checking.

that is just stupid. you fix it in patch 3 then **** it up in patch 4.

idiots
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I just started an offline CC with my Ravens. I was trying to fix a few computer teams' depth charts by retiring and changing schemes so the real starters would start (example: Jamaal Charles should start over Peyton Hillis, but the scheme screws that up) and I couldn't get it to save. Wish they would fix this, because the computer teams make some really dumb moves. The 49ers have Brandon Jacobs starting over Frank Gore for God's sake!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
But since update 4, no matter what I do it always reverts to West Coast and 4-3.
Hmm... I play offline CCM and I do see it revert back to West Coast in the scheme selection part...BUT it still says I'm using a Power Run.

What I do is make sure to put my offense back to Power Run before I exit the screen. For whatever reason, my DEF scheme never suffered this (and I swear the OFF didn't until Year 2...unless I never noticed...), but since doing that extra step, I've always saw my coach with Power Run and my players rated accordingly in OVR.

Edit: I've never tried changing other teams' schemes...I try to stay hands-off as possible, even last year with 32-team control. Though with the Giants having just one QB and the Panthers SIX HBs...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Three patches and EA still hasn't fixed it. Good part it has ZERO affect on anything, player ratings aren't affected by schemes at all only by styles (under schemes).

Another 'not ready for prime time' feature.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Ok, if you change it it does save. Its just ******** how it shows.

Basically every time you go into Schemes it will show West Coast / 4-3 as option but top right it shows what you actually set at.

However if you escape out with West Coast / 4-3 then it will change to that.

So basically, if you want to change one of your players schemes, you must remember to reset your OFF/DEF scheme before exiting.

Also another way you can see it has changed.

Go to your Season Coaching goals. Your made up coach will show what his schemes are.

I know this is a pain in the *** to do each time, but i suppose once your happy with each player set you wont go back into the scheme screen too many times.

Rant over i think onto playing the game again
Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Three patches and EA still hasn't fixed it. Good part it has ZERO affect on anything, player ratings aren't affected by schemes at all only by styles (under schemes).

Another 'not ready for prime time' feature.
Yeah - makes me wonder what scheme is actually for. Just probability of signing/re-signing/retiring?

Disappointing if that's it.

You'd think scheme would impact player types since schemes tend to need certain personnel for them to work. Sounds funny to go with a 3-4 and want 4-3 speed rushers at DE...or a Tampa 2 with LBs that are about pass rushing and pursuit, not zone coverage and ball skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »