Home

Undrafted free agents in M13/M25

This is a discussion on Undrafted free agents in M13/M25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
Undrafted free agents in M13/M25

I have not bought Madden 13 but plan on getting M25 this year. I would like to ask how M13 handled the undrafted free agents after the draft.

I know that in M13 there have not been generated UFAs like in M12, but I heard that you could sign guys that haven't been drafted once the draft was over, is that correct?

Also, I heard that the CPU controlled teams did not sign any UFAs, which if true is sad and does not exactly add to immersion.

What is your experience with this issue in M13 and does anybody have an information (or educated guess) how it's going to be in M25?
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Undrafted free agents in M13/M25

It was how you described, but I've seen a few UFAs end up on a team a year later. I've seen a FB UFA get picked up his rookie year. That's about all.

I hope M25 improved
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Ive seen alot of players pick up that didnt get drafted the issue was they sighed them just to release them even after they had a desent year on the one year contract that they was giving. I think they fixed the one year contract this year i read it somewhere and they added logic to the draft so i hope they fixed the CPU and their ways of sighing UFA's this year.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Signing UDFA's should be done the way they had it in NFLHC 09. After the draft, the remaining prospects were available to negotiate. It was set up the way free agency bidding is in Madden 13.

It just worked.........surprised they did not, or have not put this into the game.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

I've seen a FB UFA get picked up his rookie year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Signing UDFA's should be done the way they had it in NFLHC 09. After the draft, the remaining prospects were available to negotiate. It was set up the way free agency bidding is in Madden 13.

It just worked.........surprised they did not, or have not put this into the game.

We HAVE to have this feature in the game. Its a MUST.

There simply has to be another free agency bidding period after the draft, or every advanced week of free agency etc.

Just picking guys up should not be possible. A contract negotiation needs to take place for EVERY signing besides waivers.... which is something else that needs to be in the game.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

I loved picking up Undrafted Wide Receivers after the draft. You were pretty much guaranteed to find at least two or three Undrafted Receivers with a 70+ Overall. I picked up one my third year into my last franchise who went on to be my permanent slot receiver for the next seven years before he went into Free Agency and got a big contract with the Dolphins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »