Home

So Torn on Madden 25

This is a discussion on So Torn on Madden 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

OVR: 15
So Torn on Madden 25

I originally preordered this on Amazon with the Sunday Ticket deal, but I was skeptical of the quality of the PC stream of the games (I was going to hook up a laptop to my TV, but I have heard around forums that the online option is dicey) so I cancelled. I went to GS and preordered there, but then I started watching these videos and I am having second thoughts.

There is no doubt in my mind that the off the field aspect will be much improved, but I feel like the on the field gameplay from M13 was great after a few patches. And I am more concerned with on-field gameplay than anything else. I dont see much improvement in this area in M25. Owner's mode seems cool, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I don't care too much about the draft classes, though I agree it's ridiculous that they were removed in the first place.

I dont know...I am just to the point where I am tired of paying 60 bucks a year for an iterative game. I have stopped doing so for just about every other sports game (NBA, MLB). I either buy the previous years version or wait for a price cut.

Anyway - I dont want to turn this into a "lets bash the new Madden" or a "are you going to get the new Madden?" thread. Just curious to see if there are others who feel the same way. I am seriously considering buying M13 and getting an updated roster file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: So Torn on Madden 25

I'm passing. The videos look the same to me as previous Maddens.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Do yourself a favor and pass on Madden 25, wait on Madden 26 next-gen.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Rookie

cwash020's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Do yourself a favor and pass on Madden 25, wait on Madden 26 next-gen.
Definitely leaning in that direction. Have either of you played NCAA 14 retail? Feel like it's any better?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwash020
Definitely leaning in that direction. Have either of you played NCAA 14 retail? Feel like it's any better?
Yes I played NCAA 14, the game could be good but its filled with bugs on the defensive side of the ball, the defense got absolutely no attention, the db glitch is still in the game from last year, just unacceptable for them to release such a obviously half done game. I refuse to purchase these games again until the passing and receiving game is overhauled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

I always give Madden a look but the past few years the game has been uninspired so I have been sticking with NCAA which I've bought every year for a long, long time. I did get '13 as I was intrigued by the infinity engine but in hindsight I wish I hadn't because there were far too many goofy and unrealistic occurrences with it.....they should have waited to release a polished version this year.

As for this year's version I'll give it a good look as I have no plans on getting a next generation console when they come out and '25 along with it because I don't expect (although I hope I'm wrong) it to be that impressive.....I think it will take them another year or two to put out a game that does the new consoles justice.

What I'm hoping will happen is that 25 will see a decent price drop as I would imagine that there's a good number of people who are getting the new consoles at launch and wouldn't bother with it for this generation. NCAA dropped to $41.00 on Amazon two weeks after its release date....I'll pick up Madden for around the same price as long as I'm pleased with the demo.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

My plan is to get current gen because I just need a football game and don't want to wait until the next gen system.

I'll get at least 2 and 1/2 months of strong play.

If I do get the Xbox One right away, I'll get the next gen game.

Like you said, the gameplay last year was fine for the most part. It was the out of game stuff that needed a lot of work. It looks like they addressed a lot of that.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

For current gen I'm going off of the demo, but for next gen, why are people planing on skipping already (for non next gen console price reasons)? We have almost no info on next gen Madden 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »