Home

hetfield's MLB 2K13 Sliders

This is a discussion on hetfield's MLB 2K13 Sliders within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #73
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: hetfield's MLB 2K13 Sliders

Okay so here's how it went for me. I was the Royals playing the White Sox and it was Shields vs. Sale. Now, in this game with Sale, I tend to be very impatient with him as he likes to go up 0-2 on me almost everytime, so I decided to be overly aggressive cause I can't stand it when he does that haha. THIS GAME LASTED 19 INNINGS! I even traded Hosmer and Guthrie for Giancarlo Stanton to get a big bat in my lineup, and still he went 0-8. I was getting desperate in the end and hit a lot of pop fly's. They used Sale 110 pitches, which his max pitch count is 96 so he ended up injuring himself, but man that was the longest game I have ever played. I mean I have great contact hitters, speedy guys, then my big bat in Stanton, but nothing was going and it was a huge pitcher's duel all the way through. At one point, Konerko had a home run in lock until Cain robbed him in extra innings. I had a situation where I had a runner on 1st and 3rd with no outs in extra innings, and got out of it. Eventually they had a good hitting frenzy going and I couldn't stop it. But I was hitting so often that Sale lasted 12 innings when really they should have pulled him at 9. I hope it's not a crazy outlier game, but just as a 1st I think I should change contact possibly, but I'm not sure. Also I am usually patient with pitchers, but Sale to me just likes to throw strikes so I'm gonna swing as much as possible with all the good contact, speedy hitters I have.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #74
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped
Okay so here's how it went for me. I was the Royals playing the White Sox and it was Shields vs. Sale. Now, in this game with Sale, I tend to be very impatient with him as he likes to go up 0-2 on me almost everytime, so I decided to be overly aggressive cause I can't stand it when he does that haha. THIS GAME LASTED 19 INNINGS! I even traded Hosmer and Guthrie for Giancarlo Stanton to get a big bat in my lineup, and still he went 0-8. I was getting desperate in the end and hit a lot of pop fly's. They used Sale 110 pitches, which his max pitch count is 96 so he ended up injuring himself, but man that was the longest game I have ever played. I mean I have great contact hitters, speedy guys, then my big bat in Stanton, but nothing was going and it was a huge pitcher's duel all the way through. At one point, Konerko had a home run in lock until Cain robbed him in extra innings. I had a situation where I had a runner on 1st and 3rd with no outs in extra innings, and got out of it. Eventually they had a good hitting frenzy going and I couldn't stop it. But I was hitting so often that Sale lasted 12 innings when really they should have pulled him at 9. I hope it's not a crazy outlier game, but just as a 1st I think I should change contact possibly, but I'm not sure. Also I am usually patient with pitchers, but Sale to me just likes to throw strikes so I'm gonna swing as much as possible with all the good contact, speedy hitters I have.
Thanks so much for the feedback! I was also getting too many games with an unrealistic tendency to throw strikes, giving a distinct pitcher's advantage. I have made changes, however, that decrease Strike Zone Tendency and Pitcher Control and hopefully have fixed the problem, and my games are going much better. I do not recommend raising contact, however, because as soon as I hit 50 (with Power at 0 even), the ball moved unnaturally fast and without any realism.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #75
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

V23 is now up and I'm very excited about these! Found out that Batting Contact affects how realistic the ball movement looks as well. Batting Power can never go higher than 25 for a realistic look and feel. Pitcher Control at 50 feels fair and with Pitch Success at 0 and Strike Zone Tendency at 65 I am getting awesome results and balanced gameplay from the pitching side of things. Fixed some major issues with running, didn't realize how slow 20 really made baserunners look...now at 35 should look better. Also 45 for Catcher Arm Strength looks much more accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #76
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

I feel pretty set on these sliders except for a couple key areas that I am fine-tuning, such as AI Pitch Success, Bunting Success, and Infield Run Speed. But everything seems to be moving the way I want it to, and hopefully others have tried these out, with or without satisfaction.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #77
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Just a note that my sliders have been totally revamped! Hope you all enjoy!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #78
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Your new sliders look a lot like mine.....It's to the point where I almost have to compare them side by side to see what's actually still different.

I hope that means you are not finding the walks to be too much of an issue anymore.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #79
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Your new sliders look a lot like mine.....It's to the point where I almost have to compare them side by side to see what's actually still different.

I hope that means you are not finding the walks to be too much of an issue anymore.
Imitation is greatest form of flattery I made a few more changes, hopefully they look less similar. Still, there are many distinct differences and you and I both know that with these sliders changing one 5 points can make a real impact, and few of these settings are actually identical to yours.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #80
Rookie

The Craigler's Arena

OVR: 0

Not sure if anyone follows this thread anymore, but with the injuries slider set at 18, are you seeing a normal amount of injuries? Some people are saying it should be at 25 or 30. Any thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »