Home

**MLB 2K8 (All versions) Bugs/Glitches Thread**

This is a discussion on **MLB 2K8 (All versions) Bugs/Glitches Thread** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
**MLB 2K8 (All versions) Bugs/Glitches Thread**

Keep all found bug/glitches talk in here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: **MLB 2K8 (All versions) Bugs/Glitches Thread**

XBox 360 version

I love this game offline but I'm a online gamer and league Commish for 6 years now and some serious online stuff is missing like sliders for custom play and leagues also there are options that are blacked out online like the choice to pitch pin point or break point!

If it's not the servers then pitching is not doable online and hitting is very very delayed!

The lag is so bad online that you can't hit your pitches which leads to all pitches being a fast meatball.

To hit a ball you must swing almost before the ball is even thrown.

I have ran leagues for 6 years from High Heat, MVP and MLB 2K and I have to say that I won't be able to run a league this year nor anybody else with the online situation as it is.

Last edited by SFGiantsPBA; 03-05-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Every time I select Player Beats in the extra menu inside franchise , the game locks up.

EDIT: Actually no matter where I'm at in the game it will lock up when I select Player Beats.

Last edited by Skyboxer; 03-04-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok not sure if this is the game or my controller. The last three game when i get past the 7th or 8th inning the control stick does not recognize me pushing the stick downward, only up. Which results in a meat pitch every time. I have it stuck on pause(just practicing with no fix) because i already took one loss because of this problem. Ive tried a new controller , getting all wireless devises out of the room, and turning the controller on and off with no luck. Any ideas?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

360 Version

Played 1 complete game Yankees (me) at Redsox (cpu) in Fenway. Allstar default sliders.

1.Giambi is up with 2 stikes. I swing and hear the crack of the bat but I am called out. Miller says "strike 3 looking." I check the replay and I fouled the pitch off into the stands but I am still called out. Weird but it only happened once.

Unless MLB has switched to church softball rules, I still should have been up.

2. I have a man on 1st with nobody out. Hit a hard grounder 2 Pedroia for tailor made double play. Instead of tossing to the shortstop he tries to tag the runner and misses. He then compounds the mistake by chasing after the runner to second base instead of throwing to first for an easy out.

Now I have seen plays like this before in real life, but hopefully this is not common.

3. Tie game 5-5 bottom of the ninth. Lugo leads off with a double. Next guy bunts him over to third. I walk the bases loaded to set up a force or double play. Pedroia rips the ball into the gap, game over.

The play lingered a little while Matsui went to pick up the ball. Final score Red Sox 7 Yankees 5.

What?

The game counted both runs a gave Pedroia a double. The game should have been over when the first runner crossed the plate and Pedroia touched first.

The sad part is once I got the hang of the pitching I was actually having fun. This game seems fun, but extremely rough around the edges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
Rookie

ok it has to be the game. its just not triggering my first pitch movement, doesn't matter if its up down left or right. When i come up to bat everything works fine, i press down the batter steps and up/left/right he swings. I'm really getting irritated, three games in a row in the late innings, all great games ruined by this.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #7
Rookie

after the win probability thing they do, i kept hitting the a button to get back to the action, and when it returned, my pitcher's head (except for the hat) was all white. i mean, white as a sheet of paper. his head returned to normal after the batter fouled a pitch off, but it stayed that way for a couple pitches that weren't hit.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Just had my first disk freeze. Completed a game and selected the "done" option in the menu and it froze.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »