Home

Favorite pre game intros?

This is a discussion on Favorite pre game intros? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Favorite pre game intros?

I was thinking back about some different game intros and wanted to hear from you guys what you like in a game intro or would lke to see,

I remember I realy like 2k7 game intros, when you started off out side of the stadium watching the fans filing in, then inside the stadium, and then on the field, it really set the tone for every game.

Something id like to see is maybe some blimp views, or special views maybe for playoff or big games only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Favorite pre game intros?

i miss the giant moon that used to be shown at the loading screen of 2k7 haha it will be interesting to see if the intro is any different with the living world feature now. My personal favorite is when the Miami Hurricanes run through the smoke...but thats a whole different topic..haha
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ill be honest i really dont care for the intros, maybe if they panned back more so you really couldnt see the crappy models they call people. It took me out of the game when i saw cutscenes like that. But i really hope they do soemthing special for homeruns in this game, we deserve it after 4 years of crap.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Pro

dynastynation's Arena

OVR: 0

Was it the All-Star Baseball series where they started w/ an outside view of the park and had the end of the national anthem play? Or am I thinking of some other game? (I haven't played any other baseball game other than 2k since 2005 -- ASB 05)

Anyways, I liked that idea.

P.S. The moon in 2k7 was just phenomenal. I dunno who or how they came up with that idea, but whoever it was is a genius!

Last edited by dynastynation; 01-28-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

i know world series baseball 2k1 on the dreamcast opened with a blimp view of the stadium and then went down to the field view for the end of the national anthem. That was pretty awesome in my opinion. That game was amazing! I still play it on my dreamcast!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols 4 MVP
Was it the All-Star Baseball series where they started w/ an outside view of the park and had the end of the national anthem play? Or am I thinking of some other game? (I haven't played any other baseball game other than 2k since 2005 -- ASB 05)

P.S. The moon in 2k7 was just phenomenal. I dunno who or how they came up with that idea, but whoever it was is a genius!
i remember kushgamer a long while back talking about the moon intro. It had something to do with the intro they wanted wouldnt work and all they were getting was a blank screen for the first 15 or so seconds, so they figured would gamers rather see a blank screen or a giant moon. They went with the giant moon haha
Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujols 4 MVP

The Show games had this up until they changed the name to The Show
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Aside from the cut to the moon while they were talking, I loved 2K7's intro. A view of the ballpark exterior, seeing the fans coming and going, and then panning into the concessions area. It was a nice touch (aside from the framerate hiccups). Then it cut to John and Joe with a brief rundown of the matchup, Joe's thoughts (normally focused on a star player, yet babbling on about the unbalanced schedule...lol), then pitcher info and playball.

Aside from Morgan and the Moon, it was an excellent intro IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »