Home

Fun Playing Vs Human on same console?

This is a discussion on Fun Playing Vs Human on same console? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Fun Playing Vs Human on same console?

I dont know but im not enjoying it. It seems to be a homerun derby. Anyone else play and have a different outcome?

"I want to be remembered as a ballplayer who gave all he had to give." - Roberto Clemente
-----------------------------------------------------
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fun Playing Vs Human on same console?

I hate the fact that pitching cursor can't be hidden. Sure, you can lock in the pitching location with the right trigger, but I can hear when my friend pulls in the right trigger everytime so it just ruins it

Other than that, it's not bad.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Rookie

jagsfan82's Arena

OVR: 7

the controls make it fun when I play against others
Old 04-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I hate the fact that pitching cursor can't be hidden. Sure, you can lock in the pitching location with the right trigger, but I can hear when my friend pulls in the right trigger everytime so it just ruins it

Other than that, it's not bad.
Exactly...my son and I were playing and no matter how hard you try, you can hear the trigger pull. Then we turned our heads while the pitch was being chosen and it just wasn't any fun.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yes, we played a few games on the PC version.

I have the mod where it makes the pitching cursor completely gone, so that wasn't an issue at all.

But it was pretty fun two player, and we had some great games with 2k9 on the PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

This game is ZERO fun playing head to head on the same console. I especially hate the pitching marker filling up in the middle of the strike zone and then FLASHING while you're trying to pick up the pitcher's release point while batting. Not to mention that it takes too long to choose your pitch location while trying to psyche out your opponent.

I really, really wish that we could toggle ALL of the visual indicators off next year, INCLUDING the pitching meter. How challenging would it be to really pitch by 'feel' only. By simply watching your pitchers windup, you could time your pitcher's gesture and release timing.

You hold down the first part of the pitch until the pitcher is at the height of his leg kick, and then complete the 2nd part of the pitch as the arm is whipping around. Man, that would be too cool! Want to practice during games, then let the user throw the warmup tosses before the game and during the first few innings to get a feel for the starter's timing. The challenge of trying to master each pitcher's gesture and timing is endless.

C'mon VC! Get this game back on track next year!

BigBlue
Old 04-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
This game is ZERO fun playing head to head on the same console. I especially hate the pitching marker filling up in the middle of the strike zone and then FLASHING while you're trying to pick up the pitcher's release point while batting. Not to mention that it takes too long to choose your pitch location while trying to psyche out your opponent.

I really, really wish that we could toggle ALL of the visual indicators off next year, INCLUDING the pitching meter. How challenging would it be to really pitch by 'feel' only. By simply watching your pitchers windup, you could time your pitcher's gesture and release timing.

You hold down the first part of the pitch until the pitcher is at the height of his leg kick, and then complete the 2nd part of the pitch as the arm is whipping around. Man, that would be too cool! Want to practice during games, then let the user throw the warmup tosses before the game and during the first few innings to get a feel for the starter's timing. The challenge of trying to master each pitcher's gesture and timing is endless.

C'mon VC! Get this game back on track next year!

BigBlue
I am very thankful that I have the pc version. I was able to create the mod, without a pitch cursor.I am not sure if it is possible, to get rid of the pitch meter, but I have gotten rid of all other visuals.I will look into the pitch meter, to see if it is possible at this time,might be cool to play without it
Old 04-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedyed
I am not sure if it is possible, to get rid of the pitch meter, but I have gotten rid of all other visuals.I will look into the pitch meter, to see if it is possible at this time,might be cool to play without it
Would be cool if you could atleast make it more transparent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »