Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #97

OVR: 34
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
In "My Player", you only control your player though, right?

And that doesn't help with the double play fielding issue....

But yes, neither of these would be a problem in franchise or other single player modes.
True..I didn't think of that.

I still think it's difficulty setting though. Most games, like Madden for instance, show a great reduction in reality when you go lower in difficulty. The last time I played Madden in a lower difficulty was when I could outrun everyone on kickoffs and actually backtrack and still not get caught.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #98
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

He added a little more. I like this paragraph:
Quote:
"My next game is against the Montgomery Biscuits, who have one of the best names in all of sports. On the first pitch of the game, I forgot which direction my curveball broke. This lead to my first hit batter of the year. Plunked him in the right knee (he's a lefty). After a single and a force out, he moved up to third. On the next pitch, my catcher tossed the ball to third. He dove back safe, but it was still cool to see. I can't remember the last time I saw that in a game, if ever."
It's nice to see that messed up gestures aren't automatic meatball homeruns for the AI.

Also, good to hear that the catcher attempts to keep the runners honest as well.

EDIT: When asked how much better the game was than 2K9, he responded with:

Quote:
Way better than 2K9. As I said earlier, it feels like a new game.
That's encouraging.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-05-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 10

I really wish he would post something from a game using MLB teams instead of this fairytale my player stuff. I don't get how guys can come on sites like this swearing they are Sim but be in love with this my player crap. Hopefully he posts something from a legitimate game, pics included.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #100
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
Absolutely. Changing the difficulty on a baseball game should do two things:

1) Increase or decrease the window of a perfectly hit ball when batting.

2) Increase of decrease the window of a perfectly thrown ball when pitching.

That's it.

It should not effect the fielders and make them into a bunch of rejects from the Bad News Bears. This Is MLB2k10, not Challenger Division Baseball 2K10.
I think all it should be is a preset for some sliders. So if say Legend was a set of sliders that are jacked up for the AI and drained for the user, if you go onto Rookie and then jack up AI sliders and drain user sliders, you should essentially be playing on Legend. No idiotic baseball playing along with it. That's exactly what I was talking about with 2K having their default so dumbed down for us. This is old news.

I hope that makes sense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #101
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm not buying it. Lower difficulty usually means the gameplay experience is authentic on any level, but the abilities of the CPU players are muted on the lower levels.

They should still make the proper switch, it should just mean the player they did pick wouldn't be as effective as on a higher level.

If you play easy on Madden they don't start third string QB's to take it easy on you.

This is a legitimate concern for any sports gamer.

Then play on a higher difficulty. No one is going to force you to play on pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #102
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

[quote=bigfnjoe96;2040713584]Come on people. Obviously the writer of the blog really has no clue on what's he's doing, hence making it the developer's fault as usual.

Boy the hate for this series is stronger than Darth Vader's hate towards the empire..[/quote]

LOL,

I should slap you with the force for this statement (DV was the emperor's "right hand"), but my nerdy little force hand would probably just make you laugh.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #103
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgamer
I really wish he would post something from a game using MLB teams instead of this fairytale my player stuff. I don't get how guys can come on sites like this swearing they are Sim but be in love with this my player crap. Hopefully he posts something from a legitimate game, pics included.
Then you should request that in his blog comments. He responds to just about everything in his comments and he seems pretty open to questions.

EDIT:

Just noticed he added this to the last page:

Quote:
For those of you asking, this journal is primarily to explore My Player. If I get the blessing from 2K, I'll dive into the other modes, and hopefully record an HD video of gameplay.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-05-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
LOL,

I should slap you with the force for this statement (DV was the emperor's "right hand"), but my nerdy little force hand would probably just make you laugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »