Home

10 Games in....1 major complaint so far...

This is a discussion on 10 Games in....1 major complaint so far... within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
10 Games in....1 major complaint so far...

I am SICK of seeing the same computer pitcher the whole game! I will be 9 innings in, usually in a close game with the pitch count over 80, sometimes as long as 11 innings, with the starter still pitching!!!!

Fatigue is set at 55 which works well for user controlled pitchers, but the computer pitcher is a friggin animal!

I have noticed if I start hitting the starter they will take him out. Used HolyGrail sliders and I suck at them. Pro is good for me as far as getting a fun and close game, but I do notice the hits getting out of hand and my timing is getting better at this level. I really like unlocking achievements though so damned if you do and damned if you dont i guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 10 Games in....1 major complaint so far...

In real life, 80 pitches is not that high. 100 pitches is usually considered the max for many starters, although it's not uncommon for starters to go higher if they're dominating.

With that said, there is a bug in the game where the pitcher's fatigue gets reset and it's supposed to be fixed in the upcoming patch.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Playing a national league chise as my mets..well I see a lot of pitcher movement by the ai. I think this is helped by pinch hitting for the pitcher in games but to be honest its been a non factor 20 games in.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

I've just started making subs for the CPU sometimes...say for instance I get 4 or hits in a row off a guy...I'll take him out and put a fresh arm in there.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
In real life, 80 pitches is not that high. 100 pitches is usually considered the max for many starters, although it's not uncommon for starters to go higher if they're dominating.
Absolutely. If you're only seeing pitch counts of 80 through 9 innings or more, you should probably try to be a little more patient at the plate. This year's AI is MUCH better at knowing when to work off the plate, trying to get you to chase bad pitches and either K or hit into easy outs.

Of the gripes I have with 2k10, pitch counts are not one of them - this is the first year I've been able to say that with this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Absolutely. If you're only seeing pitch counts of 80 through 9 innings or more, you should probably try to be a little more patient at the plate. This year's AI is MUCH better at knowing when to work off the plate, trying to get you to chase bad pitches and either K or hit into easy outs.

Of the gripes I have with 2k10, pitch counts are not one of them - this is the first year I've been able to say that with this series.
Well I have noticed I was hacking away and I have learned to wait for "my" pitch and my hitting got much better. I might go back to those Holy Grail sliders I was using earlier but they were just to hard for me. Hitting is getting much easier and the starting pitcher will get pulled I noticed when I start hitting well.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

i would have to say that the pitch count is not an issue for me as well..example was last night, i played against the angels and they threw joel pineiro at me, he was solid throughout, he threw 7 1/3 innings pitch count was at 103 and they took him out, i didnt feel his pitch count was that high because he was doing well against me, had 7k's and gave up 2 runs and 3 walks, besides the two run hr i hit off him i wasnt really a scoring threat..

i definetly work the pitch count, i never swing at the first pitch (just my own personal rule) and i can usually get a 6-7 pitch count for each batter...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I've got the opposite problem playing in the NL. If they've given up 2 or 3 runs and the team hasn't scored any they'll be gone in the 3rd when they're due up to hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »