Home

MLB 2K11 Freezes When I Start Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Freezes When I Start Franchise within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 2K11 Freezes When I Start Franchise

Basically what it says. When I just turn the game on and go right to franchise I can start one no problem. However, if I load my 2K Share roster then attempt to start a franchise, it freezes on that loading screen between the franchise options and team select. My guess is it's a 2K share thing, like how you couldn't access it at all on NBA 2K11 soon after 2K12 came out. If anyone knows why, or how to fix it, if possible, I'd love to know.

I just felt like doing that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MLB 2K11 Freezes When I Start Franchise

I am having this same problem with my loaded rosters for Detroit. Someone told me to make sure to do the following. Let me know if this works as i will not be able to test this until tonight.

1. Edit each player and bring salary cap down.

2. Make sure your lineups and rotations are set.

3. Make sure every team has only 25 players. Including AAA, AA, & A
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I think blg and you are suffering from the same thing.

Each team must have exactly 25 men or less. (MLB, AAA, AA, and A for all 30 teams) If a single level of any team has 26 or more you could run into a problem.

Furthermore if any trading/editing that was done puts a team over their salary cap it could also cause a problem. As an example if Alex Rodriguez was moved to the Pirates, his contract would put them over the ~$60 in revenue they have.

So basically before you start your franchise, go through each teams MLB and Minor league rosters. Make sure each team has exactly 25 guys, and make sure each team's payroll does not exceed their revenue.

EDIT:

Have you tried MKHarsh33's custom rosters? They are perfectly set up with 25 guys on each team, and the contracts are fine on his roster. He add's 100's of minor league players with their real names, and edits the fake names/appearances of many others. He also makes sure MLB lineups and jersey #'s are accurate. His roster is by far and away the most comprehensive out there. Its on 2Kshare... check it out. I use it and havnet had a single freeze yet!

Last edited by kpkpkp; 04-11-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
Rookie

Hey guys. I really appreciate the replies. Also, my apologies for not responding sooner (much sooner at that). I became very busy soon after posting this inquiry. I haven't tried cutting down the rosters yet, but plan on downloading the roster from the recommended gamertag soon.

There is one detail I believe I omitted. The game freezes immediately after I set the options fro the franchise. At that second-long loading screen between the options and team select. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but there it is just in case. Thanks again, and I promise I'll respond much sooner this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »