Home

How do you turn on PC analog pitching?

This is a discussion on How do you turn on PC analog pitching? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2
How do you turn on PC analog pitching?

I can't seem to turn on analog pitching on the PC version of the game. I can't find an option anywhere. I've tried a wireless controller and a wired and they both work in game, but I can't do analog pitching or batting. The options aren't where they would be in the console version. What am I missing?

Last edited by ericdrum; 05-17-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How do you turn on PC analog pitching?

You mean classic pitching? Go to the controller options menu (the one that tells you what each button does) and press the L stick, you will then get a new option screen
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk
You mean classic pitching? Go to the controller options menu (the one that tells you what each button does) and press the L stick, you will then get a new option screen
No, it's forcing me to do classic. I can only pitch and bat using buttons. It won't let me do analog. There's no option for it.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Options>My Controller>Control Setup and then pushing the LS Stick (not in any direction, just push it as you would a button) should give you the option page. It's set as analog by default though so no idea how you're on Classic.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdrum
I can't seem to turn on analog pitching on the PC version of the game. I can't find an option anywhere. I've tried a wireless controller and a wired and they both work in game, but I can't do analog pitching or batting. The options aren't where they would be in the console version. What am I missing?
You can't. I'm 99% sure that this is NOT available in the PC version. This includes classic (button, r-stick flick up only) hitting. Your stuck with analog and full control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
You can't. I'm 99% sure that this is NOT available in the PC version. This includes classic (button, r-stick flick up only) hitting. Your stuck with analog and full control.
Both options are available for PC (I have the PC version), it's just a bit fiddly to get to it (as I described above)
Old 05-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #7
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Ok, yea I finally figured it out. You click down on the L-stick (L3) in the button mapping page. Thanks for the tip jwuk!

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 05-18-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

Thanks for the help guys. For whatever reason, I started with classic. I put the game in and fired up a quick play because I wanted to test the graphics as I also have the game on 360 as well, but I just built a new computer so I wanted to play this game on it. Anyhow, that totally worked. Thanks!!!

BTW, I actually read a review posted on the internet of a guy who couldn't find it either and he stated that he hoped it would be patched in. The option is not in the most intuitive of places, that's for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »