Home

Franchise Progress

This is a discussion on Franchise Progress within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Franchise Progress

Hey, I am strongly considering buying this game but I am just worried about how the franchise mode looks five or so years down the road. Franchise is the most important part of the game to me, and I know the last time I bought a baseball game (must've been 2k8 or 2k9) all the hitters would get way too good in the future and I could have like 6 guys on the same team hitting 30+ homers. If any of you have gotten through a couple years already, I would really appreciate some feedback on how everybody progresses and if stats generally look how they should or if everything gets inflated. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Progress

Progression works great IMO. In fact, it may be the best progression I've ever seen in a game. It factors in almost everything.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
Progression works great IMO. In fact, it may be the best progression I've ever seen in a game. It factors in almost everything.
I agree. I think the initial concern of not enough power hitting prospects has either been fixed or it was grossly innacurate to begin with. I'm having so much fun watching my guys progress through the minors...and some are even starting to crack the bigs!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
I agree. I think the initial concern of not enough power hitting prospects has either been fixed or it was grossly innacurate to begin with. I'm having so much fun watching my guys progress through the minors...and some are even starting to crack the bigs!
I think it was innacurate, becuase I had prospects that I drafted pre patch that had alright starting power. My Mariners drafted some 4 star LF named Polanco that has a 75 power against righties.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a question, where in the franchise mode do you see the players actually progressing? Granted, I'm only 18 games in so I don't expect anything yet, but where would I go to see it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
I have a question, where in the franchise mode do you see the players actually progressing? Granted, I'm only 18 games in so I don't expect anything yet, but where would I go to see it?
Yu dont see progression until the end of the year, although Ive seen a few players go up a point, or lose a point during the actual season. Abut a month or so in, youll see hot/cold streaks though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »