Home

I had fun with the demo. Is it an exact representation of the full game? (PS3)

This is a discussion on I had fun with the demo. Is it an exact representation of the full game? (PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

OVR: 4
I had fun with the demo. Is it an exact representation of the full game? (PS3)

Just wondering. Does it have really bad frame rate problems? I didn't really notice any in the demo. I know the 360 version probably runs smoother so I just want to know how the PS3 version is from anyone who has the full game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I had fun with the demo. Is it an exact representation of the full game? (PS3)

IMO, the demo was smoother. However, after the first "mystery" patch that we got on the ps3 (did we ever get official patch notes on it?), it does seem to be alot better than when I first played it on release day. I was actually thinking of returning it on the first day because of the framerate issues but now it has become my baseball game of choice so far.

Having alot of fun with it and the outcomes and stats have been pretty realistic so far except for a few things which aren't game killers to me.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I had fun with the demo. Is it an exact representation of the full game? (PS3)

I am still confused as to why people on the PS3 even consider 2K baseball games... GO GET THE SHOW!!!! I enjoyed 2K11, dont get me wrong, but if I had the option to get The Show it wouldn't even take me 2 seconds to choose.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjeter76
I am still confused as to why people on the PS3 even consider 2K baseball games... GO GET THE SHOW!!!! I enjoyed 2K11, dont get me wrong, but if I had the option to get The Show it wouldn't even take me 2 seconds to choose.
Baseball fan, have the money, change of pace.....why not? Oh and I do have the Show also.....
Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #5

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
What is the purpose of this post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Rookie

CrazyKitchenGuy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
My reasoning for picking MLB 2K12 over The Show comes down to a few reasons.

The first, and probably the one that will baffle most people is the game install size. The Show requires a minimum of a 5+ GB install, or you can decide to upgrade to a 10+GB install, to help with load times.

Secondly, I just find the gameplay to be a lot more fun. I've got a new baby at home, so getting a lot of playing time just isn't happening anymore, so when I do get the chance to play, I enjoy that with MLB 2K12, I can just relax and have fun playing.

And to get back to the OPs question, I would have to say that the demo give a good representation of what the full game offers. With the recent patch that was released, I haven't noticed any frame rate issues throughout the course of the few games I have played.

As many people have said on this and other forums, if you are looking for a change of pace, and just a fun experience, give MLB 2K12 a try.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

I do think its "clunky", and has some noticable framerate issues on Xbox 360. This could be due to the fact that when time permits- I will play 9 innings of one game(MLB2k12), followed by 9 innings of the other game(MLB12:TS).

I don't think it really detracts from me enjoying the game. It is a nice change of pace from The Show. I enjoy MLB2k12. Its a fun game of baseball. On average, to play a 9 inning game takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes less for me, than it would in The Show. That comes in handy sometimes.

To stay on topic- the demo is basically what you will get out of the full game. I am one of those people that definately feels there is a framerate issue- but its not gamebreaking at all(mostly on foul balls, and some balls put into play). The demo doesn't give you a taste for the fantastic commentary, and some of the presentation though. Its top notch, and truly shines.

I bought three baseball games this year- The Show on PS3, and Vita. MLB2k12 on 360. I am honestly surprised so far by how much time I am spending with the Vita version of the Show AND MLB2k12, as opposed to the PS3 version of The Show.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
What is the purpose of this post?
To troll.

I personally like the full game better than the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »