Home

2014 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2014 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #385
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2014 Atlanta Braves

I disagree. A lot of people wanted heads too. And organizational chaos isn't on the players; that's on the upper management. The alleged mutiny of the players is, right now, just that; alleged. And honestly, if Fredi is keeping his job, I doubt the accuracy of those reports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #386
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I am very excited if they truly offered the job to Hart and hope he takes it…I've always been a John Hart fan back to his Cleveland days. Every team he's ever built scores runs.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #387
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I am very excited if they truly offered the job to Hart and hope he takes it…I've always been a John Hart fan back to his Cleveland days. Every team he's ever built scores runs.
And one team in particular got shut down due to our pitching.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #388
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
And one team in particular got shut down due to our pitching.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #389
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I don't know, but it's clear that there's major disturbances and unrest in the locker room that's causing the entire team to flounder on the field. This isn't just being bad or having bad luck. This is straight up not giving a ****.

Clearly the team was more stable with Chipper, Mac, and Huddy around. What a surprise that those three guys were considered our leaders for years and years and years and what a surprise that now that all three are gone, the team has gone into disaster mode.
Here in Atlanta, we have not heard of anything negative about the inside of the locker room. The players are underperforming on the field or just bad luck in 2014. Someone has to pay for the bad luck, so far its Wren. It stinks, but I'm not shocked at all.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:06 AM   #390
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Yeah, I dunno. We'll see, I guess.

MLB Network just aired an end-of-season video montage and I don't recall seeing one Braves highlight. What a wretched, worthless season we had. Nothing truly memorable. Sure, a few Andy Simmons or Jason Heyward highlight reel plays, a Justin Upton homer or two, but that's about it. Some pitching performances. But just overall worthlessness. Boring, uninteresting, pointless baseball for the most part.

If you're gonna suck, at least entertain a bit. I feel like I wasted a year of my baseball-watching life. The team wasn't a basement-dweller, but they sure seemed like one.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #391
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Yeah, I dunno. We'll see, I guess.

MLB Network just aired an end-of-season video montage and I don't recall seeing one Braves highlight. What a wretched, worthless season we had. Nothing truly memorable. Sure, a few Andy Simmons or Jason Heyward highlight reel plays, a Justin Upton homer or two, but that's about it. Some pitching performances. But just overall worthlessness. Boring, uninteresting, pointless baseball for the most part.

If you're gonna suck, at least entertain a bit. I feel like I wasted a year of my baseball-watching life. The team wasn't a basement-dweller, but they sure seemed like one.
Ya, I feel like this as well…while I love baseball so I was watching every game I could, it just felt like they weren't having fun. It was a complete 180 from last year, which was the most fun I'd had watching the Braves since the 1990's.

We should just start a 2015 thread now to get the taste of this one out of our mouths and look to the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 11:07 PM   #392
All Star

OVR: 8

What an abysmal season. Wren had to go. He made a number of nice bargain moves like Ben Sheets and Harrang during his tenure, but his 4 biggest free agent signings/trades were Derek Lowe, Kenshin Kawakami, Dan Uggla, and BJ Upton. Lowe and Uggla were paid based on their previous season which no one believed they could sustain based on age in Lowe's case and total body of work in Uggla's. Kawakami was a disaster though you can give an excuse since international players are so hit/miss. Then there is BJ Upton....honestly the day this signing was announced I thought Wren should have been fired. How do you give the most lucrative free agent contract in the history of your franchise to a guy who was just an above average player coming off one of the worst seasons of his career and by all appearances in decline?

I remember some of the arguments that BJ just needed a fresh start or that maybe pairing him with his brother would get him motivated. That is fine, and I wanted to believe in all of that too. That is the kind of situation that you should be bargain shopping for though not breaking the bank for.

I think some big changes need to be made personnel wise. I don't know if it's possible, but we can't throw this same team out there in 2015 and expect much better results. I have believed even since last year that the 2013 team that won 96 games overachieved. I'll preface this by saying I don't mean to totally discount these games, but take away the 10 and 8 game winning streaks early in the season and they were not a great team. Those games happened and you have to count them, but I just mean to speak to the team's consistency even in the year in which they had so much going for them like: career seasons by Chris Johnson, Freddie Freeman, and even Gerald Laird, and the numerous role players that seemed to come up with a play every time they were called upon...even with all of that you needed two big winning streaks to get you where you wanted to be. This Braves roster is not as bad as the 79-83 mark we ended with this year, but they are also no where near the 96 win mark we saw last year. The truth is somewhere in between which is a very troubling prospect heading into 2015 and beyond.

Last edited by KSUowls; 09-29-2014 at 11:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »