Home

2015 New York Yankees

This is a discussion on 2015 New York Yankees within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #169
Banned

H8ter2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2015 New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
The Mets got 5 top of the rotation pitchers. Can we get at least 1?

I would call it a win if they decided they didn't need Colon anymore and shipped him across town, that's the only kind of guy the Yankees need a solid innings eater that gives you a chance to win start after start and compliments the rest of the rotation, I have to believe that's what Cashman was thinking as well in relation to type of player and the asking price was way to high for the ones available, break down the number with the little time left big name pitchers picked up at trade deadline do very little to impact a teams final outcome at the end of the season, especially in today's game where a lot of teams are built from the bullpen first. Sports illustrated had a good article recently highlighting just how little impact big name starters have as rentals the rest of the season, they spotlighted the Cueto deal if I remember correctly that he is good for about 2 wins when its all said and done over replacement. KC still only real threat in A.L IMO
Old 08-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #170
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

I'd rather take a chance on Severino right now then gut the farm for a B level pitcher, let's see what the young kid has got first, I really wanted Gallardo though.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 18

Cashman did the right thing. What can you get out of a rental pitcher? 12 starts and maybe 3 or so in the post season? Not like you're gonna get a deGrom or Harvey at the deadline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #172
Banned

H8ter2's Arena

Wow they are putting Severino to the test early, a game in the Stadium against the Redsux, I know they are not so good this year but these games are always high profile, let's see what you got kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #173
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Moreno to the DL with elbow inflammation. Pinder called up from Scranton.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #174
Banned

H8ter2's Arena

They pointed out during today's game that the plan is for Severino to stay up in the rotation the rest of the season, it will be interesting to track his performance vs the guys that got traded just to get an idea of how well or bad a move it was staying put, now I know I don't expect him to be David Price on day one but still I want to see what the +/- is in the performances.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #175
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

Yankees/Sox series starts Tyesday. Tanaka, Severino and CC will be the SPs. Hopefully Severino can help us.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #176
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ter2
They pointed out during today's game that the plan is for Severino to stay up in the rotation the rest of the season, it will be interesting to track his performance vs the guys that got traded just to get an idea of how well or bad a move it was staying put, now I know I don't expect him to be David Price on day one but still I want to see what the +/- is in the performances.

I would expect him to be on a par with the kids who are pitching for the team in Queens. Not really. But it isn't too much to ask for a decent middle of the rotation home grown guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »