Home

Bat Speed in 09

This is a discussion on Bat Speed in 09 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Bat Speed in 09

Has anyone else noticed a pretty drastic increase in overall bat speed in the demo? It certainly screwed up my timing pretty good initially, but I think it's definitely a positive change. You can let offspeed stuff get in deep and actually hit it opposite field with authority, unlike previous installments. I think you'll see a lot more balls pulled hard for extra bases as well, and less of the opp-field HRs that were so prevalent. You can really get out in-front now. I would imagine this is one aspect behind a good deal of the increased hit variety.

Am I alone in thinking this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Bat Speed in 09

nahs, you not alone on this. the bat speed messed me up badly as well. even when playing on rookie, I still struck out 13x. (wait what? lol) looks like its going to be a fun game next month.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

No I noticed I was whiffing A LOT because the timing is different. I like it much better this way personally. Feels a lot better, just took a game or two to get used to.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymrfreakjar
Has anyone else noticed a pretty drastic increase in overall bat speed in the demo? It certainly screwed up my timing pretty good initially, but I think it's definitely a positive change. You can let offspeed stuff get in deep and actually hit it opposite field with authority, unlike previous installments. I think you'll see a lot more balls pulled hard for extra bases as well, and less of the opp-field HRs that were so prevalent. You can really get out in-front now. I would imagine this is one aspect behind a good deal of the increased hit variety.

Am I alone in thinking this?
That's great to hear.

It was tough to pull a mid-90's mph fastball in '08 (you had to press the swing button the moment it left the pitcher's hand almost).
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

The bat speed is certainly a lot faster. It threw me off at first, too. But by the 3rd inning I was getting it. I love it. It should make pulling the ball a lot easier and cut down on opposite field HR's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 47

What I have always wanted is for the better players to have a faster bat. I hope they had it this year. It would be cool to have your power hitter with a faster bat.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Bat speed is much better this year. It really gets rid of most of that opposite field stuff.

It was funny after playing 09 a few days I had to play a league online game the next day and my timing was way off in the 08 game. I was ahead of everything, lol.

Last edited by nemesis04; 02-06-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think you meant hours? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It was funny after playing 09 a few days I had to play a league online game the next day and my timing was way off in the 08 game. I was ahead of everything, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »