Home

PS3 Settings Question for the Show

This is a discussion on PS3 Settings Question for the Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
PS3 Settings Question for the Show

I've seen a couple of posts already on here that MLBTS09 runs smoother at 720p than it does at 1080i. Having a TV that supports both I would prefer to run it in 720p (seeing as the game is optimized for that resolution). My question is, how do I set the PS3 to display in 720p as I assume that it is outputing video in the highest resolution that my tv can take (1080p)? I've already gone through the PS3 video settings and marked that my tv only supports 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i but the settings screen keeps telling me that it is outputing 1080p. Do I have to tell the PS3 that my tv doesn't support 1080i to try to force it to output in 720p, or is there another setting, perhaps in the game itself that I am missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: PS3 Settings Question for the Show

Yes, The Show is optimized for 720p, and assuming your TV's native resolution is x720, then you have even more reason to run it at 720p. Go into the PS3 display settings and uncheck both 1080i and 1080p.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »