Home

MLB 10 Patch

This is a discussion on MLB 10 Patch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
MLB 10 Patch

Does anyone know when they release a patch for MLB 10? I was just wondering if stadium animations are able to be patched, not the animation itself, but when the sign animation takes place during a game? Just wondering incase any animations aren't exatly as they should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #2
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 10 Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Does anyone know when they release a patch for MLB 10? I was just wondering if stadium animations are able to be patched, not the animation itself, but when the sign animation takes place during a game? Just wondering incase any animations aren't exatly as they should be.
The game is not even out yet and you are looking for a patch?

Wow...tough crowd.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
The game is not even out yet and you are looking for a patch?

Wow...tough crowd.
I said INSCASE it was needed...I was just wondering if they are able to fix when animations are display via a patch...or was wondering if it's too complicated to fix with a patch.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
There is no guarantee there will even be a patch. Something needs to be impacting the game in a significant way in order for a patch to be warranted. Sign animations are not going to do it. Most likely you will have whatever is bothering you for the long haul this year.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #5
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There is no guarantee there will even be a patch. Something needs to be impacting the game in a significant way in order for a patch to be warranted. Sign animations are not going to do it. Most likely you will have whatever is bothering you for the long haul this year.
I agree with nem on this one. SCEA has been very good at patching issues that effect gameplay, but I'm not sure that they would address something of that nature.

Keep in mind too that they traditionally take a month or more off immediately after release, so you won't see anyone from SCEA around here for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Here we go.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

Well I had a few guys play some games at Turner Field and they said they only saw the tomahawk animation during home runs, and that was all. In real life the tomahawk sign does its flashing animation during rallies when the home team is batting, and it is never done during a home run. In the CES video, the tomahawk sign was moving when the Mets were at bat. I informed Russell of this and he PMed me back saying they fixed it....However, they seemed to have messed something up here when they "fixed it".

If they would just make the animated sign do the flashing motion when the jumbotron in the game says things like Get Loud, RBI, or Great Hit, then it would be fixed.

P.S.
SCEA even made a blog entitled Realisim of MLB 10...and on that blog it says in big blue letters, "If your favorite team, stadium, or crowd does things a certain way, we want to make sure it’s reflected."

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 02-26-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:04 AM   #8
Go Braves!!

AtlantaBraves22's Arena

We all braves fans just want everything in the game to be just like it is in real life. And it's not that hard to get a sign annimation to work right. I'm not complaining. I just want stuff like that to be realistic

PSN: AlabamaRollTide8 (Add me if your a braves fan, or Alabama Fan!)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »