Home

My Mets Franchise 2010

This is a discussion on My Mets Franchise 2010 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My Mets Franchise 2010

Well I finished 30 games behind the World Series winning Phillies. My pitching was horrid this year. Santana broke even and had some memorable games but beyond him we were terrible. I picked up Aaron Cook from Colorado off waivers because Niese, Pelfery and Dickey were playing like crap. Cook wasn't too good either like 2-9 by the end of the season. I ended up bringing up Thole and Davis for the Mets. Both had very decent years. I moved Daniel Murphy to RF but he ended up batting .267 with 7hrs. not a great year. Beltran played his heart out and lead our team in almost everything.

Anyway I'm at the off season now beginning our 2nd season. I fired every coach on this team in hopes to hand pick my people. I'm in the process of replacing our Manager, Hitting Coach, Pitching Coach, 1st Base/3rd Base coach and our farm person. I haven’t picked anyone yet still kind of seeing what might fit. I saw Dusty Baker in there and I think I’m going to hire him to do something. All I know is we need new faces here.

I have a ton of Free Agents on my team, I'm unsure of which pitchers I want to keep and which one's I want to let go. Pelfrey and Niese were so so but I sort of like them. Jose Reyes is my biggest issue, to sign or not to sign? I know I need to find at least 3 or 4 start pitchers because after Johan we got nothing! I noticed too that half my bullpen is FA’s so this should be entertaining they were actually pretty good.

So here it starts, who do I sign? Who do I replace? I need pitching? I need a RF? What about 2B? I’m excited to see what the Show has to give me this off-season. First time I’ve done this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: My Mets Franchise 2010

I have had my issues with Niese, Takahashi and Dickey as well. I'm trying to acquire Kazmir from the Angels (need to check today if the trade went through or not). Pelfrey has been real solid for me and Santana has been dominant, even though his record is 3-5.

As for RF, I'd play Pagan there. I like his speed and he'd be a decent No. 2 hitter behind Reyes, whom I would recommend keeping around b/c of his ability to steal bases and create run-scoring opportunities. As far as 2B, you could bring up Ruben Tejada and play him there and have him hit 8th.

Ike Davis has been real good for me and I just brought up Thole as Barajas was doing nothing for me.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm favoring signing Reyes back. I think Pagen is a FA too so is Murphy. I have to keep someone. I've had some amazing games with Santana. His record slipped this season but he struck out 11 in one game I had.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Rookie

So here is a funny part to my off season so far. I wiped every coach on my team. I ended up hiring the "fired" Howard Johnson" to coach my team. Child hood hero, Johnson meant a lot me as a manger, though I fired him from hitting coach of 2010 and manager in 2011.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Well after spending a fortune on Reyes, I made some key acquisitions to my line up and pitching staff.

SP1 Johan Santana (Pitched two good games but took a loss in game 1)
SP2 Jeff Francis (murdered in game one gave up 8 runs)
SP3 Aaron Cook (murdered in game one gave up 5 runs)
SP4 Mike Pelefry (pitched well took a loss in game one)
SP5 Hector Truilljo (Great opening game struck out 7 but still got a loss in a 1 run game)

I signed some middle relievers.
Alan Embree (he took a huge loss in 15 inning game last night gave up a HR to Jay Bruce. I'm almost convinced I want to trade for him he's been the Mets killer)
John Nelson (looked terrible lately)

Line up looks as follows:

SS Jose Reyes (not playing too bad for the price I paid)
2B Luis Castillo (slumping batting .87)
3B David Wright (2 HRs and 4 double, batting over .300)
CF Carlos Beltran (1 HR batting high .200)
LF Jason Bay (slumping but hit a HR last night and tied up a game we took to 15 innings only to lose)
RF Jason Kubel (I signed him from Min this off season, he's not doing bad or good for that matter)
1B Ike Davis (slumping big time)
C Josh Thole - (Playing really well high .200 avg).

Signed
Matt Treanor backup C
Brought up Mike Hessman at 3B he's already homered twice in pitch hit situations.

1B Ike Davis (slumping big time batting like .179)

I'm 0-6 ...not good. Pitching has not looked good at all. I'm starting to worry. I got Aaron Cook last year off waivers from Colorado but I'm skeptical about his pitching. Jeff Francis hasnt' looked good either. Paid him for like 5 years...looking like a terrible deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

What's the Mets' payroll in this game?

Does Santana have a $20 Million per year deal on your roster set?

How much did Francis ask for?
Old 11-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
Rookie

I'll double check and post it. I know we are pretty tight on cash after I signed Reyes for what I did.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Jeff Franics 4 year deal, 7.5 million. Didn't think it was too bad for him.

Here is the deal that killed me as I posted on another post about the off season. I wanted to keep him but for that price; I think I'm insane but I hey si signed him. Jose Reyes 7 year deal 16.5 million. Nuts huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »