Home

Incorrect Jerseys and Alternate Uniforms

This is a discussion on Incorrect Jerseys and Alternate Uniforms within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Incorrect Jerseys and Alternate Uniforms

I know it's been said that the MLB has the rights over the exact colors/styles/etc. of the teams, but I know there are several jerseys from different teams that aren't correct. The Reds, Cubs, Phillies, and other teams have wrong uniforms/hats for at least one uniform set. Is there any word on if this will be different, or if they will be the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Incorrect Jerseys and Alternate Uniforms

If they follow the style guide, they will still be wrong in some cases. I know that the Ranger's two toned helmets (the ugly blue in front, red in back ones) are still in the style guide even thought they never saw the light of day. We'll see.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

You answered your own question. Sony has to go by the style guide while the teams sometimes dont follow it. There isnt anything Sony can do.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah that kinda sucks, the league should give developers a little freedom in this department, because the teams are constantly tweaking thier uniform's look. Like last season, the Red Sox introduced thier alternate "socks" hat and by the all-star break they had ditched them and now just wear thier traditional "B" with thier alternates (which look much better btw). Hopefully this change will be reflected in MLB 11.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

I have always been up in the air on this whole style guide thing since some of the combos in the game are just wrong, meaning they wouldnt be in the style guide that way. Im sure a fan from each team can chime in on their teams things, but as a braves fan I know that the tomahawk red bill hats have never been in any style guide to go with the road navy blues. the tomahawk hats are for the red sunday home jerseys ONLY. Something like that is simply something that was gotten wrong and never fixed. Im sure the "have to use the style guide" angle will work in some cases of why something cant get into the game, but when an incorrect uniform combo has never even been in a style guide it seems fishy that we get that reply when asking why it is wrong. I would much prefer to hear "sorry that is something that was done incorrectly and will be fixed via patch/in next years game" than to try and make me believe its cause of a style guide.

Last edited by jd369; 12-17-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: added last sentence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I have always been up in the air on this whole style guide thing since some of the combos in the game are just wrong, meaning they wouldnt be in the style guide that way. Im sure a fan from each team can chime in on their teams things, but as a braves fan I know that the tomahawk red bill hats have never been in any style guide to go with the road navy blues. the tomahawk hats are for the red sunday home jerseys ONLY. Something like that is simply something that was gotten wrong and never fixed. Im sure the "have to use the style guide" angle will work in some cases of why something cant get into the game, but when an incorrect uniform combo has never even been in a style guide it seems fishy that we get that reply when asking why it is wrong. I would much prefer to hear "sorry that is something that was done incorrectly and will be fixed via patch/in next years game" than to try and make me believe its cause of a style guide.

No, you are wrong, they have to use the style guide. And the guide does not reflect what a team does in actuality 100% of the time.

They are not "getting it wrong and using an excuse". They would fix it, if they did get it wrong themselves.

They have to follow the guides ... I swear we say this every damn year until we are blue in the face!

Old 12-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
No, you are wrong, they have to use the style guide. And the guide does not reflect what a team does in actuality 100% of the time.

They are not "getting it wrong and using an excuse". They would fix it, if they did get it wrong themselves.

They have to follow the guides ... I swear we say this every damn year until we are blue in the face!

Im sure they do have to go by the guide, but the guide is updated every year. I am only speaking of the incorrect combo of the braves uniform. The road blue jerseys and the tomahawk hats have NEVER been a combo in a style guide. the road blues debuted in 08 and have always been paired with the all navy hat. in 09 they altered this to have the all navy helmets and hats to be used on all road games no matter if we were wearing the blues or the greys. This was wrong in the show 09 which could be attributed to the combo being a new one just introduced that year, but it was the exact same way in 10 (even though they got the all navy helmets for away games right). so let me say again in that case they are using something that was NEVER in ANY style guide.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Im sure they do have to go by the guide, but the guide is updated every year. I am only speaking of the incorrect combo of the braves uniform. The road blue jerseys and the tomahawk hats have NEVER been a combo in a style guide. the road blues debuted in 08 and have always been paired with the all navy hat. in 09 they altered this to have the all navy helmets and hats to be used on all road games no matter if we were wearing the blues or the greys. This was wrong in the show 09 which could be attributed to the combo being a new one just introduced that year, but it was the exact same way in 10 (even though they got the all navy helmets for away games right). so let me say again in that case they are using something that was NEVER in ANY style guide.
Really, lets see pictures to prove it. Cause most access to the official style guide site, are restricted to those that are privileged to view them.

So I would like to see where you are seeing the "correct" guides, but SCEA is not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »