Home

Most extra innings you've played?

This is a discussion on Most extra innings you've played? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Most extra innings you've played?

I am in my third season (playing 29 games) and have went into 18 inning games 2 times now, losing them both in the top of the 18th.

When I do go into extras, they usually end in the 10th to 12th innings which is probably right on. These 2 games were crazy. I used all my bullpen and all my players will be tired for the next game, lol.

Just wondering about others' experiences with extra innings. Anyone get past 18? Anyone never get into extras?

Vasgersian came over after the game "And finally the game is over...so long.." (hear crumpling of paper) "I think we should just stay here in the booth and wait for tomorrow's game." Something like that. I lost and was pissed but when I heard that, I couldn't help but chuckle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

SoxBrewersMarlins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most extra innings you've played?

on my marlins chise, it was johnson vs halladay, i ended up winning 1-0 in 17 innings, hanley ramirez with a walk off, there was a combined 6 base runners all game, i wasnt real focused at the plate which led to my offense sucking but i had one of my better pitching jobs in quite some time.
Marlins.....Fear the Fish!!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Marlins vs Cubs

Went 27 innings

I lost on a Starlin Castro homer to left

Made a dent in my wall with the controller.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Just went 20 innings in the 2nd spring training game. Lost to a grand slam by Wilson Betemit.

Got pissed because in the inning before I hit a hard ball down the middle with a man on third, only for it to hit the pitcher and him to pretend nothing happened and made the final out. This scenario happens far too often to me.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Had a league game against the AI with the twins that went 24 innings. Only had matt capps left to pitch and Joe Nathan threw 65 pitches. Not bad for a closer. Lost on an error...

sent from my Evo 4G using tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatypusFeatures
Just went 20 innings in the 2nd spring training game. Lost to a grand slam by Wilson Betemit.

Got pissed because in the inning before I hit a hard ball down the middle with a man on third, only for it to hit the pitcher and him to pretend nothing happened and made the final out. This scenario happens far too often to me.
That sucks dude I just made a thread about hitting the ball at the pitcher its a terrible feeling when you think you got a basehit only for the pitcher to knock it down with his face.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Rookie

cas850's Arena

OVR: 2

i went 18 against the White Sox on the road and won it. my worst offensive player (3B Tuisosopo) hit a pinch hit leadoff double in the top of the 18th, and i just manufactured a run off that. it was a battle but it was fun.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Hit a walk-off in the bottom of the 13 with Nelson cruz off RA Dickey

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »