Home

Question about throwbacks

This is a discussion on Question about throwbacks within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about throwbacks

I just wanna start by saying this is my favorite game series ever but Can someone please tell me why scea gets the throwback uni's so completely wrong every year? And don't give me the style guide answer because mlb 2k, while the game sucks, gets the throwies right every year and mvp 05 had them all perfect. Why cant scea get them right, I'm happy they finally added the mets 86 uni's but they're missing the name on back, number on front and piping is way to thin. They couldn't have screwed up the old school expos, cardinals, philles, and royals 80's blue roadies any worse either. For such a great game full of detail this has always baffled me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Question about throwbacks

The old school expos are back in the game, I didn't see them?
I didn't see a lot of throwbacks in the game, a lot of the requested Uni's weren't put in. I see a lot of the generic ones that have been in the game for a while.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

No, I was just using the expos as an example as to when they were in the game they were so terribly wrong. For such a great game the throwbacks have been garbage.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Only explanation I can think of is that Uniforms aren't high on their priority list.
But I agree with you, the uniform selection in the Show has been lackluster.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorGooden
I just wanna start by saying this is my favorite game series ever but Can someone please tell me why scea gets the throwback uni's so completely wrong every year? And don't give me the style guide answer because mlb 2k, while the game sucks, gets the throwies right every year and mvp 05 had them all perfect. Why cant scea get them right, I'm happy they finally added the mets 86 uni's but they're missing the name on back, number on front and piping is way to thin. They couldn't have screwed up the old school expos, cardinals, philles, and royals 80's blue roadies any worse either. For such a great game full of detail this has always baffled me.
Yeah so you compared the show and mlb 2k.....waits for thread closing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
Rookie

irishred002's Arena

OVR: 1

I remember reading somewhere, can't remember where though...that because of the exclusive mlb deal (2k can make the game for any system and sony just for playstation) that sony doesn't have the rights to include accurate throwbacks in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »