Home

MLB 12 Player Ratings

This is a discussion on MLB 12 Player Ratings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6
Thumbs up MLB 12 Player Ratings

Anybody have a clue when they are generally released? I'm so pumped! I want to see how my M's look.
Jesus Montero?
Dustin Ackley?
Felix Hernandez?

Can't Wait! *Bart Scott voice*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 12 Player Ratings

I want to see how Pineda is lol. I actually do wonder what Montero would be like since he hit above .300 and like .500 against leftys when he got called up last year.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroinIggs
I want to see how Pineda is lol. I actually do wonder what Montero would be like since he hit above .300 and like .500 against leftys when he got called up last year.
I tell ya what sir, you just got a pitcher with one hell of a fastball (94-96mph with a lot of movement) and an even better slider (hard, fast, and a lot of late break)
Wanna offer me any insight on how Hector Noesi is? We need a lot of bullpen work, or maybe a 5th starter...

Seems like a fair trade to me, but only because the Mariners are ridiculously deep in pitching in the farm system. If we were thin, I would be LIVID that we traded Pineda. Fact of the matter is, we needed offense.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Anybody have a clue when they are generally released? I'm so pumped! I want to see how my M's look.
Jesus Montero?
Dustin Ackley?
Felix Hernandez?

Can't Wait! *Bart Scott voice*

As a Yankee fan I can tell you a few of us CD guys were discussing the trade and I wasn't sure about Pinieda.

Without going into attributes, which I never really look at anyway, Pineda seems to pitch like a stud and Montero seems to be a VERY productive player. I hope Pineda pitches like the sims show.

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 01-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
As a Yankee fan I can tell you a few of us CD guys were discussing the trade and I wasn't sure about Pinieda.

Without going into attributes, which I never really look at anyway, Pineda seems to pitch like a stud and Montero seems to be a VERY productive player. I hope Pineda pitches like the sims show.
I think Yankee fans will be beyond pleased with Michael Pineda.

Kid is a beast and should only get better. He was unhittable at times last year but then seemed to hit a bit of a second half rookie wall... But you guys got a legit #1 potential starter out of the deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle

Kid is a beast and should only get better. He was unhittable at times last year but then seemed to hit a bit of a second half rookie wall... But you guys got a legit #1 potential starter out of the deal.

I will say this, I would never hope injury on ANYONE, but the Mark Priors and Kerry Woods of the world would say nothing is guaranteed. The kid did have some durability issues in the farm.

I sure hope Montero produces... Safeco is an absolute abyss for right-handed hitters... the left-center bullpen needs to come in 10 feet.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Rookie

careLOS's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle

In my honest opinion the M's got the better half of this trade. Pineda only got one win the entire second half, pitched in a very pitcher friendly ballpark, and had a 4.40 ERA on the road. Plus, you have to take into consideration the difficulty of pitching in AL east. Montero, on the other hand, is a stud.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
I tell ya what sir, you just got a pitcher with one hell of a fastball (94-96mph with a lot of movement) and an even better slider (hard, fast, and a lot of late break)
Wanna offer me any insight on how Hector Noesi is? We need a lot of bullpen work, or maybe a 5th starter...

Seems like a fair trade to me, but only because the Mariners are ridiculously deep in pitching in the farm system. If we were thin, I would be LIVID that we traded Pineda. Fact of the matter is, we needed offense.
Noesi is okay, I'm not too sad to see him got to be honest. He's was really the long man in the yankees bullpen and should be able to eat some innings if needed. If he's a 5 starter on the M's, I wouldn't expect an ERA under 4.50. He could get better though, but I doubt he will ever be an ace or solid 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »