Home

First Person base running.

This is a discussion on First Person base running. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Boboooom's Arena

OVR: 0
First Person base running.

It would be a awesome feature to have and you could select original to go back to how it is.

L1 and R1 = speed

Right analogue= head movement

Imagine after you hit the ball you go into first person on your batter and he starts the run to first base, you press L1 and R1 back and forth (doesn't represent left foot right foot, just speed) at a certain speed to run full speed a meter shows you that you are pressing them fast enough and you can hear breathing and see his arms in front running along with sounds of cleats on dirt

as you approach first base you have to press circle at the right time before the ball hits the glove to be safe if it is a double you double tap circle as you go to first letting the runner know to round and keep going as your still pressing L1 and R1 to maintain full speed, as you reach second you press the slide button

Situations

If there is a runner on second and you hit a single to outfield you tap triangle to advance the runner fully to third and double tap for him to round and go home, this works the same with someone on third but then you would tap square to advance him home, you do this as you are in first person running to first.

Choosing who to be in FP.

There could be an icon depicting which base runner you are going to be in first person after you hit the ball.

Last edited by Boboooom; 01-20-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Banned

Re: First Person base running.

I find it interesting because I've thought about playing an entire game from 1st person view. Your idea seems good.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Boboooom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
I find it interesting because I've thought about playing an entire game from 1st person view. Your idea seems good.
Yeah, it would be another element to add to the list of all the other awesome things that MLB The Show has.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boboooom
Yeah, it would be another element to add to the list of all the other awesome things that MLB The Show has.
I believe MLB 2k7 had a similar base running mechanic, and a lot of people said this is not SIM baseball it is arcadey. Where 2k went wrong IMO, was if you button mashed hard enough you could beat out routine ground balls. Basically you could break the runners speed rating. If this could be done while keeping the ratings in place I would be on board. Just as long as you can't go faster then the runners top speed it could work, while realistic.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Just say NO to the turbo button!

By the way, RTTS = 1st person. Well, 3rd person, but you know what I mean lol.

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 01-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Just say NO to the turbo button!

By the way, RTTS = 1st person.
The only place I want to see anything turbo is in a vehicle not in my sports games!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Boboooom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
I believe MLB 2k7 had a similar base running mechanic, and a lot of people said this is not SIM baseball it is arcadey. Where 2k went wrong IMO, was if you button mashed hard enough you could beat out routine ground balls. Basically you could break the runners speed rating. If this could be done while keeping the ratings in place I would be on board. Just as long as you can't go faster then the runners top speed it could work, while realistic.
Yeah, you wouldn't be able to faster than the runners top speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »