Home

Couple of Questions about the Show

This is a discussion on Couple of Questions about the Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Couple of Questions about the Show

I'm a very unhappy MLB 2k player for the 360 and am debating whether or not to pick up a PS3 to play the Show. From what I have seen, the shows gameplay looks so much better, and the game looks a lot deeper as a whole as compared to the 2k series. However, I have a couple of questions:
Is there an online franchise mode?
I know there is a road to the show mode, how does this compare to my player of 2k? Can you use your created player to play online?

Finally, if anyone can really give me an opinion of whether buying a PS3 just to play this game is actually worth it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Couple of Questions about the Show

Do it! I mean it
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Rookie

CubFan1's Arena

OVR: 3

The Show is the only reason why I own the PS3. Get it!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #4
Rookie

canyonblue's Arena

OVR: 1

I bought my PS3 in November, primarily for The Show. I have been playing MLB 2k6,7,8,9,10,11 and this year there will be no 12 for me, The Show is the real deal. I have been on the 2k Forums for all those years, and the things most gamers wish for in a baseball game are in The Show. I have been playing MLB11 The Show as often as I can because it has a real baseball feel to it. If you decide to go the PS3 route, you will not play another baseball game on your XBOX ever again, it is that good. The only thing I find better in the 2k series is the commentary, but hopefully that will change in upcoming versions.

Go out and purchase it, you'll wish you had done it sooner.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #5

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't get why/how people can say "I'm going to(or I got) a PS3 just for ___". You spend over $300 just to play a $60 game?

I guess it just depends on the person and how much money they have to spend on stuff like that.

I'd never spend money just to play 1 specific game series on a console, but it just depends on if you feel like paying $300(for the console and game combined) is worth it.

If you had a ps3 and a 360 already, the obvious choice would be to get The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I don't get why/how people can say "I'm going to(or I got) a PS3 just for ___". You spend over $300 just to play a $60 game?

I guess it just depends on the person and how much money they have to spend on stuff like that.

I'd never spend money just to play 1 specific game series on a console, but it just depends on if you feel like paying $300(for the console and game combined) is worth it.

If you had a ps3 and a 360 already, the obvious choice would be to get The Show.

Some people really don't care for general video gaming if not for some specific offerings, like baseball sim in this case.

I'm not going to start playing COD/BF3/ME3 just because I spend $XXX (XXX = something expensive) to get the money's worth, you know what I mean? I (re)started a bit of other gaming, but I only do when I kill time.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #7
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee2499
Finally, if anyone can really give me an opinion of whether buying a PS3 just to play this game is actually worth it. Thanks.
I just necroed a post for you. Hope it helps you answer this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043400056

Old 02-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 27

Buying The Show is a purchase you will never regret. Never. Trust all of us here that say that. The game is that damn good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »