Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #73
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 13 Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
One thing the 2K series does right is the way they allow the ball to travel off the bat for a second before switching to the fielding camera. I really wish The Show would add this.
Yes as long as it is optional. I use auto fielding so this would work for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #74
Rookie

Simp's Arena

The new scorebug does look great. I do see a few things it could benefit from:

1. After each pitch, flash the pitch speed and type (for example - "81 MPH CH"). If real estate is an issue place it where the count is for a second and then switch back to the count, like a lot of TV scorebugs do. This should display regardless of whether pitch callout is on or off. I want to play with pitch callout OFF but still have the speed/type flash in the scorebug.

2. Show the pitch count (NESN scorebug shows this). Ideally would even be broken down by balls/strikes. Maybe just add a little section to the right side of the bug:

S: 27
B: 17
T: 44

3. Not really sure about this one because it's not really consistent with TV scorebugs but it would be nice to see at a glance that there is a burner on base. For example, if there is a fast runner on first or second have a little foot icon on the yellow on-base indicator. I guess we can already see this in the runner windows but it's always kinda bugged me that the runner window information is not available for a runner at second base.

These things along with being able to turn all other OSDs off (which is great!) would make for a great immersive exp. IMO

Last edited by Simp; 01-10-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #75
Rookie

Agree on the pitch speed and type, we should be able to see them like real TV braodcasts have. Prior versions always had that. Is this just because the OSD were off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #76
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
One thing I'm missing is the cutscenes that really improved the authenticity of the game first in MLB 12 - The Show. For example when pitchers leave the mound after a pitch and come back or batters swing the bat a couple of times and so on. I hope they've not taken it out because it made the game a lot more TV-like than before...
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #77
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
hitting was too hard? Come on, I had to move from HoF to Legendary just to have some kind of challenge. Hitting gets easier every year. I mean people can't tell me that they're not getting hits like crazy when they're playing on rookie or veteran.

btw: finally cursor batting as an option this year? Been waiting for this sooooo long
Or at least better physics and stuff? I know they had better physics last year but it was still miles behind PYS.

Anyway, I'll probably skip The Show 13 and only buy PYS 2013 this year. I'll wait for the next-gen The Show which hopefully will be The Show 14
I hope they dummy down the hitting too much. I think it was just right. This is coming from a man who team is batting .230 as team on veteran hitting. And love it. 3 players in my starting lineup batting over .275, but 3rd in the NL w/29HRS thru 51gms.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #78
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
The new scorebug does look great. I do see a few things it could benefit from:

1. After each pitch, flash the pitch speed and type (for example - "81 MPH CH"). If real estate is an issue place it where the count is for a second and then switch back to the count, like a lot of TV scorebugs do. This should display regardless of whether pitch callout is on or off. I want to play with pitch callout OFF but still have the speed/type flash in the scorebug.

2. Show the pitch count (NESN scorebug shows this). Ideally would even be broken down by balls/strikes. Maybe just add a little section to the right side of the bug:

S: 27
B: 17
T: 44

3. Not really sure about this one because it's not really consistent with TV scorebugs but it would be nice to see at a glance that there is a burner on base. For example, if there is a fast runner on first or second have a little foot icon on the yellow on-base indicator. I guess we can already see this in the runner windows but it's always kinda bugged me that the runner window information is not available for a runner at second base.

These things along with being able to turn all other OSDs off (which is great!) would make for a great immersive exp. IMO
Would love the Pitch Count on the scorebug or somewhere else shown at all times!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130120.jpg (41.1 KB, 177 views)
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #79
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

You guys will love it.
(hitting....I got pre-empted by yet another tnixen "pitch count" request in between posts...sorry)

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 01-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #80
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Would love the Pitch Count on the scorebug or somewhere else shown at all times!
I think we've found this years "cow in Turner Field"....
...or the guy who was always asking about that irrelevant(I cannot remember who) Braves(?) player.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »