Home

Braves Fans Please Test This.

This is a discussion on Braves Fans Please Test This. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Braves Fans Please Test This.

Okay I went into a couple of off seasons in franchise mode and every time i try to sign free agents when I am even 10 million under budget it will pop up a screen saying that I can not afford this contract and it will e removed. I even tried to give a contract of 80K to a player and it still said that I can not afford this contract. So after dealing with that I decided to sim up to the off season with the Giants, who have a similar budget, and I was able to sign free agents with no problem. I do have a lot of pending arbitration while i try to do this but even with all of the arbitration's i was still under budget and should of been able to sign free agents. I also noticed within my sims that I won the top wild card spot and for some reason I was on the road during the one game playoff. It is also the same with the playoff mode default bracket, the Braves are incorrect. This is not the case when I am not in the playoffs or I don't play in the one game playoff, it is correct.

Last edited by JayD; 03-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Braves Fans Please Test This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Okay I went into a couple of off seasons in franchise mode and every time i try to sign free agents when I am even 10 million under budget it will pop up a screen saying that I can not afford this contract and it will e removed. I even tried to give a contract of 80K to a player and it still said that I can not afford this contract. So after dealing with that I decided to sim up to the off season with the Giants, who have a similar budget, and I was able to sign free agents with no problem. I do have a lot of pending arbitration while i try to do this but even with all of the arbitration's i was still under budget and should of been able to sign free agents. I also noticed within my sims that I won the top wild card spot and for some reason I was on the road during the one game playoff. This is not the case when I am not in the playoffs or I don't play in the one game playoff, it is correct.
use the search function, there are a couple of threads regarding the issue. I'm on my phone so I can't link right now. TBarnes has some great info in one of them. It's a thread title in all caps regarding this issue, can't think of the title though (sorry)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
use the search function, there are a couple of threads regarding the issue. I'm on my phone so I can't link right now. TBarnes has some great info in one of them. It's a thread title in all caps regarding this issue, can't think of the title though (sorry)
well I'll look around for the thread. Did the thread mention that the issue was for other teams as well?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
well I'll look around for the thread. Did the thread mention that the issue was for other teams as well?
yeah it's for everyone. What it does is count what the player is asking in Arb, so even though you off 500k, it sets aside lets say 1.2 mill that the player is asking in case they win. but that extra 700k is invisible to you... I'm not sure if there is a screen showing each break down of players asking in Arb or what. But it is not in the pending. But I believe FA starts 5 days after the WS, and you just have to get your qualifying offers in to the would be FA's or they become FA with no comp, not Arb offers to players you control (check the important date days). offer FA's before the Arb guys in free agency

Last edited by BBallcoach; 03-12-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

here is the thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

I found the thread so if anyone could close this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »