Home

When should I get a PS4 for the Show???

This is a discussion on When should I get a PS4 for the Show??? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Rookie

YankeeDynasty1998's Arena

OVR: 0
When should I get a PS4 for the Show???

Hey guys,

I'm stoked for what the PS4 has in store for the Show. I was a bit bummed there wasn't any real sports gaming displayed in the announcement, but nonetheless I'm sure the Show will be unbelievable.

I am a pure sports gamer. I play just The Show on the PS3, and thanks to a closing Sony store in which the system was on sale, it was the only reason I got one.

Some people I've talked to suggest waiting a year or two into the PS4's life (i.e., MLB 15-16 range) before buying it and hoping for a game where the developers fully grasp the system's capabilities and incorporate it into the game. Basically, they think MLB 14 won't be as great as it could be, like 2K6 was on XBOX 360 and PS3 before 2K7 blew everyone away the year after.

I got the PS3 right after MLB 11 was released and I'm probably not going to get the PS4 for a while regardless. But, if some way $500 landed on my lap, should I sit on it and wait a few years, or buy it and get MLB 14 right out of the gate??

Thanks

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-8-9-10-15-16-20-23-32-37-42-44-46-49-51
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: When should I get a PS4 for the Show???

Depending on the price of the PS4, I will probably skip the first year of the Show on PS4 & just switch over for second installment of it on the PS4.
The Show on PS3 should have a few good years of life left on it, if I decide to wait a while longer on gettin' a PS4.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Rookie

YankeeDynasty1998's Arena

That's true. There's nothing wrong with the PS3. But it will definitely be hard to hold off for a year if MLB 14 is insanely good.

Like you said, it depends on the price. My gut feeling is it will be $500 or close to that, so I might as well start counting my pennies now....

At least we got a while to worry about that. February is so short I barely realized The Show is just about here. Awesome!

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-8-9-10-15-16-20-23-32-37-42-44-46-49-51
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeDynasty1998
Hey guys,

I'm stoked for what the PS4 has in store for the Show. I was a bit bummed there wasn't any real sports gaming displayed in the announcement, but nonetheless I'm sure the Show will be unbelievable.

I am a pure sports gamer. I play just The Show on the PS3, and thanks to a closing Sony store in which the system was on sale, it was the only reason I got one.

Some people I've talked to suggest waiting a year or two into the PS4's life (i.e., MLB 15-16 range) before buying it and hoping for a game where the developers fully grasp the system's capabilities and incorporate it into the game. Basically, they think MLB 14 won't be as great as it could be, like 2K6 was on XBOX 360 and PS3 before 2K7 blew everyone away the year after.

I got the PS3 right after MLB 11 was released and I'm probably not going to get the PS4 for a while regardless. But, if some way $500 landed on my lap, should I sit on it and wait a few years, or buy it and get MLB 14 right out of the gate??

Thanks
Lets not jump to conclusions here. The reason many sports developers and developers in general struggled early on ps3 was the cell architecture and split RAM setup. Seems this time around Sony has listened to developers and have built the ps4 with much more conventional parts, powerful but easy to program for. I am getting ps4 launch day and not thinkinv twice. Ill keep my ps3 for the show 13, but enjoy Killzone 4, watcb dogs, and whatever else Sony has in store for us. Cant wait.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I say get one when u can afford it whenever that is. I'm sure they are likely developing the show 14 now for ps4 or at least brainstorming ideas. Plus there will be some other good games which come out that will make it worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

I get most consoles when they come out.. and there is usually some kind of drama with a faulty this or faulty that. fortunately the Ps4 will be out for a few months before The Show debuts on it. It is probably best to wait alittle while...

I know I will still end up getting it day 1 though. Especially if Madden is available.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #7
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

I doubt there will be any significant additions on the first year as I remember getting The Show on the PS2 and PS3 (forgot which one it was) but in terms of features, both were very similar.

Graphically however, the PS3 was miles better (due mainly to HDMI), so if I can I will hold out on 14 and get 15 for sure, if I can hold out..
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm hoping for a major lighting update and backdrop update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »